Ropeman 1 vs Prusik knot for linesman’s belt

My knowledge is very limited but I believe it depends on the type of rope because some have an outer cover than can slide down the fibers. Again, I may be way off but might be worth some research.

@shanew1668
My knowledge is very limited but I believe it depends on the type of rope because some have an outer cover than can slide down the fibers. Again, I may be way off but might be worth some research.
Apologies for the out of place post, I am new to the forum and can not direct message yet. Will you DM me about the beartooth.

jason HTX

FNG

One handed prussic operation is what you’re after? A prussic tender is your friend. You can tie your own with 550 cord since it’s non load bearing.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This x 1000. A 6” loop of para cord will
Do everything the rope man wil do, and that’s coming from a guy who uses a Ropeman 1 on his tether.

For your linesman, use a prusik and tender. Less metal clanking around and you save $45. Plenty of guys selling tenders with D rings instead of just a para cord loop too.

Travis907

WKR
Both will definitely work and have for years. Can’t go wrong with either, but try them both to see what works the best for you!

RWA13

FNG
I use a Ropeman on my linemans and a prusik on my tether for a saddle setup. My try an asymmetrical prusik out after reading this thread.