Rotator Cuff!!!

Zeeman

FNG
Having just had both shoulders repaired in 2020 , I sold my brand new Matthews rig in fall of 2020. Therapy and exercise have gone well with full range of motion and strength back( ( I am 65 ) Not a cross bow fan and still have a few more elk hunts in mind. What I need to know is : What is the easiest bow to draw at around 50-55 lbs that does not have the difficult initial portion of the draw cycle? Single cam? no cam ? Longer axle to axle ? less parallel limbs ? Recurve maybe? Thanks would appreciate any suggestions as to specific bows both old and new!

The Elite Energy series, Synergy, and Tempo are pretty easy drawing.

I think anything with a lower ibo is going to be easier on your shoulder. It just takes a certain power curve to get the arrow moving, speed cam at 42# or a moderate cam @ 50#. Going to be about the same on your shoulder and produce same energy.

The nice thing about some of the early Elite bows (prior '17) is the transferable warranty. I think Athens is the same way, if shopping used bows. I don't know of any of the newer bows that are all that soft drawing except for something like a Mathew's conquest, likely not what you are looking for in a hunting bow.

Lark Bunting

Lil-Rokslider
Try out the new Elite's. I shot seven or eight different bows this year and really liked the Elite's draw cycle. I've dealt with a bad (draw arm) shoulder for years and retired my Mathews Drenalin to a backup bow. I am really liking my new Elite. This video does a good job at breaking down the craw cycle, go to 3:53.

mtnlomo

FNG
Have recently tried out the Bowtech Solution SS, in comfort mode at 60# or so would be a good option. Can't speak to the other brands and whatnot, but that is a viable option. I have a bad (partial tear I was told from my MRI and have been through a lot of physical therapy to strengthen and avoid surgery) rotator cuff myself and it didn't agitate mine at all. Best of luck to you in your hunting and recovery!

No cam is pretty smooth to draw. I shot a halon 32 and later a Centergy hybrid after my shoulder surgery and it worked okay. Bowtechs on a comfort setting aren’t too bad either.

Marble

WKR
Having just had both shoulders repaired in 2020 , I sold my brand new Matthews rig in fall of 2020. Therapy and exercise have gone well with full range of motion and strength back( ( I am 65 ) Not a cross bow fan and still have a few more elk hunts in mind. What I need to know is : What is the easiest bow to draw at around 50-55 lbs that does not have the difficult initial portion of the draw cycle? Single cam? no cam ? Longer axle to axle ? less parallel limbs ? Recurve maybe? Thanks would appreciate any suggestions as to specific bows both old and new!
Just take the time to go to a shop a s tell them what you are looking for. To each their own. You may find you have either more or less tolerance for the draw cycle than you anticipate. Try them . Maybe find a super cheap bow and shoot for a week and see how it feels?

And which arm had the surgery? Bow arm or draw arm?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk