Round 2: Wyoming Corner Crossing

mlob1one

WKR
Sour freaking grapes.
Eshelman, being a resident of North Carolina, didn't get the hint the first time the jury returned with the not guilty verdict from actual WY residents. Maybe they need to explain it in more plain terms.
I'm trying very hard to keep comments civil so I don't get a strike on the forum, but people like this boil my blood.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Would seem to me the district has an issue with corruption. Someone’s in to close with the ranchers or other big money in that court system. Amazing that they are willing to keep pushing the issue and burning tax payers money to do it in such a publicized case. Generally cockroaches try to stay to the shadows and out of the limelight.

Missahba

Lil-Rokslider
This is dirty.

“Judge Stipe signed the summons Monday, April 25 and a deputy served them to the three hunters on April 27, just before Stipe began the voir dire jury selection process in Rawlins.”

“According to two sources who either witnessed the serving or heard it described to the judge, the deputy handed the summons to the defendants in front of most of the 58-member jury pool while the defense attorneys, prosecutors and the judge were in a conference in a separate room.”

Fatcamp

WKR
This is dirty.

“Judge Stipe signed the summons Monday, April 25 and a deputy served them to the three hunters on April 27, just before Stipe began the voir dire jury selection process in Rawlins.”

“According to two sources who either witnessed the serving or heard it described to the judge, the deputy handed the summons to the defendants in front of most of the 58-member jury pool while the defense attorneys, prosecutors and the judge were in a conference in a separate room.”

Dirty. Hope it bites them.

HOT ROD

WKR
Dirty.... Its time for Wyoming residents to start voting sum people out of office... The people in Carbon County would be of to a good start voting the district attorney and the County Sherriff out of office...

NB7

WKR
If that's true, that likely would have been grounds for a mistrial for the defense, or at least could have caused that entire jury pool to have been struck.
Again...if that's true

Bighorner

WKR
Not being one of the men sticking my neck out, I am somewhat glad this is getting tried again so soon after the first. Hopefully the winds of change are strong enough that this trial reaches a speedy conclusion and just enforces the first verdict.

I feel like this second trial paints the issue in an even more clear light of the level of corruption and greed involved. I hope it gets a lot of press. This is the type of thing that helps to get public support and hopefully clear rulings and eventually sets precedence or gets corner crossing codified.

It is time to really double down and use the momentum from the first case.

woods89

WKR
If that's true, that likely would have been grounds for a mistrial for the defense, or at least could have caused that entire jury pool to have been struck.
Again...if that's true
According to discussion on another site, a mistrial was requested immediately upon defense attorneys finding out what had happened. It was denied by the judge.