Rower?

Jacack

WKR
Wife wants a rower, she uses one at her gym all the time.

I never have used one, any of you guys use them much? I am sure they work your shoulders back and Cardio, what other benefits?

Thoughts on brand?

Thanks

NEhunter

WKR
Great workouts on them. We have a concept 2 and really like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SWOHTR

WKR
You will love what it does but hates how it does it. Incredibly effective tool and a great option for no-impact cardio. Takes up minimal space and lightweight. Can usually find used for ~$700 (C2).

Trr15

WKR
I’ve got a Concept 2 as well. The whole family can use it. It’s a great workout and a change of pace from the traditional cardio I was used to.

jmez

WKR
Great machine. All kinds of different workouts you can do with it. I use a concept 2 as well.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

jmcd22

WKR
Probably won't find one in stock for a while...at least until this virus passes for good. I had to call Rogue the other day and they were saying how the demand for everything is insanely high right now. The rep I was talking to was also saying that the products they don't manufacture themselves have really slowed down as of late and their shipments are a fraction of the size that they usually are. I'm sure a lot of other companies are seeing the same thing. I believe Rouge has put the brakes on manufacturing a lot of their equipment to help with the manufacturing of all the PPE stuff. I wonder if other companies have done the same.

MP.hunter

FNG
I was a rower in college and can say it’s a hate hate relationship with those, probably the best total body work out a machine can give you depending how much work you can handle.

cjl2010

Lil-Rokslider
Concept 2 for sure. I’ve been on the wait list since April 15th and I got an email the other day to expect a 7-8 week wait from time of signing wait list.

Fatcamp

WKR
Concept 2 is where it's at. We have a Proform and have put a bunch of hours on it.

Have cash and watch Facebook Marketplace.

SpookySpectre308

Lil-Rokslider
Wife wants a rower, she uses one at her gym all the time.

I never have used one, any of you guys use them much? I am sure they work your shoulders back and Cardio, what other benefits?

Thoughts on brand?

Thanks
Coming from the CrossFit world I've come to love the rower. You are right, shoulders back and cardio are the biggest winners here in my experience. Lots of uses for the rower. I like it being low impact and it can build you a hell of an engine.

We use concept rowers and have had very few issues. Multiple years of daily use I think only one screen acted funny which the company rectified. Our members usually have to get on and off the rowers a number of times in workouts and they do so quickly. I've never seen one break any components. All you really have to do is keep the chain lubed up and change batteries when needed.

The company maintains a website as well where they offer different workout options and how to program your rower to complete them ie. Intervals and such. They store upright for a small footprint and breakdown in half in under 2 seconds if you need to transport it.

MThuntr

WKR
Another vote for Concept 2. If a Crossfit gym can't destroy one then it's a worthy to be in the home. It is as easy or hard as you make it which is nice.

The best part is no membership fees or subscriptions. A friend just got one that requires a $38 a month fee to use the proprietary app..so much for being cheaper

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Trr15

WKR
The daily programs on the Concept 2 site are a nice plus too. The exercise remains the same, but changing up the pace, intensity and distance according to the daily workouts gives you a little variety. You also have 3 options (short, medium, long) depending on how much of a workout you're looking to get. I just did the 5000m short program for today.

WKR
I was a rower in college and can say it’s a hate hate relationship with those, probably the best total body work out a machine can give you depending how much work you can handle.

Any back injuries for you or your teammates? I have no experience in competitive rowing but have been told by a leading spine biomechanics guy that rowing can be very hard on discs if done improperly.

I suffered a disc injury on a rower thus my specific interest in the MOI.

To OP:

Mechanism of rowing, according to Stuart McGill, makes disc injuries pretty common at high levels.

For that reason, I prefer an air bike (Rogue Echo is excellent) for general health and fitness.

MP.hunter

FNG
Any back injuries for you or your teammates? I have no experience in competitive rowing but have been told by a leading spine biomechanics guy that rowing can be very hard on discs if done improperly.

I suffered a disc injury on a rower thus my specific interest in the MOI.

To OP:

Mechanism of rowing, according to Stuart McGill, makes disc injuries pretty common at high levels.

For that reason, I prefer an air bike (Rogue Echo is excellent) for general health and fitness.

I had no issues with disc injuries, it’s important for proper form for sure, when I see people on these machines at the gym I cringe with how most people do it.

SpookySpectre308

Lil-Rokslider
I had no issues with disc injuries, it’s important for proper form for sure, when I see people on these machines at the gym I cringe with how most people do it.

I've utilized dark horse rowing programs at the gym for my athletes. With your experience I'm curious if you have any input. I had to teach myself and watch my own form on camera.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

MP.hunter

FNG
I've utilized dark horse rowing programs at the gym for my athletes. With your experience I'm curious if you have any input. I had to teach myself and watch my own form on camera.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

There are many good videos on form, the main mistake is people don’t pivot forward after the finish and their back is too far back to the catch. Lower stroke rates are better for form for sure while maintaining a good split.