Rower?

I picked up a used Concept2 Model D (with PM5) just before Christmas. I agree you need to be careful with form, but it isn't that hard. I like the machine and feel it is helping. Honestly, I need to pay more attention to stroke rate to make use of the C2 daily workouts and suggestions from DarkHorse. But, just putting in some time every day isn't too difficult. I would suggest picking one up. In my area they hold their (used) resale value well so you can always unload it if you don't take to it.

Don't be intimidated by the damper setting. It works different from other cardio machines. There are good videos that can explain it better than I can. But, basically - higher isn't necessarily harder.

One note - I haven't figured out the best aerobic zone. Apparently the target zone for a rower is different from running (or biking) so you might have to play with that a bit to dial it in for optimal effectiveness.

gobears870

Lil-Rokslider
Second the view to watch videos on form. 4/5 people I see using them in the gym (when we could go to gyms) aren't doing it correctly, and therefore aren't working the right muscle groups or being very efficient with it.

Like another commenter I rowed four years in college and hate the damn thing. But it has to be the best nearly full-body low-impact machine out there. You should be able to greatly expand your aerobic and anaerobic capacities with the right programs.

nrh6.7

WKR
Concept 2 for sure. I’ve been on the wait list since April 15th and I got an email the other day to expect a 7-8 week wait from time of signing wait list.
Just discovered the Concept 2 rowers after getting ready to buy NordicTrack unit. Looks like I dodged a bullet. Got on their waiting list for the rower and skierg.

Have you received yours yet? Was the wait time listed accurate?

cjl2010

Lil-Rokslider
Just discovered the Concept 2 rowers after getting ready to buy NordicTrack unit. Looks like I dodged a bullet. Got on their waiting list for the rower and skierg.

Have you received yours yet? Was the wait time listed accurate?
I never followed through with it. Bought a ton of powder and primers with the writing that was on the wall. My local gym has 2 of them and it’s all I use. Been around a few different brands and the concept 2 has been flawless for us!

nrh6.7

WKR
I never followed through with it. Bought a ton of powder and primers with the writing that was on the wall. My local gym has 2 of them and it’s all I use. Been around a few different brands and the concept 2 has been flawless for us!
Can't say that I blame you.

The Concept 2 is great but if there is a huge wait don't disregard other makes. I have a no name version of a concept and it has been great for years.

nrh6.7

WKR
I'm trying to find one used but may just have to put my name on the wait list.
I put my name on the wait list for all three units last month, but found the Ski machine and rower on Amazon at retail pricing so picked them up there. Just got the rower assembled last night. When its your time to order, Concept2 sends you a link to order from, so if you want to take my place in line send me your email address and I'll forward it to you when I get it. My "target order date" is on or around Jan 29th on the rower and the 14th on the ski machine. You can have one or both spots.

You might also get lucky by constantly checking amazon for when they come in stock, which isn't very often, unless you want to pay scalper prices from a 3rd party seller.

Coach529

Lil-Rokslider
The best part of the Concept 2 is they hold there value.

I am on my second one. I owned one when I lived in ND and sold it when I moved to ID. I regretted it once we got here and ordered one this past summer.

Glad to have one in the house again.