Rowing Machine Recommendations

Can anyone recommend a rowing machine for me? Looking to get some cardio done without necessarily needing to leave the house when the weather is being nasty.

Gwchem

Lil-Rokslider
As a former college rower, I agree with these folks. C2 or don't waste your money.

OOSWLC

FNG
as someone who has owned 3 different rowers... i agree! get a concept2 or save until you can.

i got mine used on craigslist for $450... that was pre-covid, but still- you can find deals.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Concept 2 is really the only way to go. I wanted a rower for several years and finally got the space to actually own one. There was no question about which one I was going to get.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
as someone who has owned 3 different rowers... i agree! get a concept2 or save until you can.

i got mine used on craigslist for $450... that was pre-covid, but still- you can find deals.

I know a guy who got an older model c for 100.00, we but a new recoil bungee cord in it and oiled it up, the thing runs like new. The old computer interface is primitive compared to the current version but you can still get great workouts on that thing.

z987k

WKR
It costs more, but if you want interaction, competition and games, the Aviron is probably the best.

bradb

WKR
I bought my c2 used about 15 years ago for $250. It's still going strong. I did upgrade the monitor

ORfish

Lil-Rokslider
My WaterRower is much smoother than the Concept, and infinitely more relaxing sound, not to mention a million times more attractive. But, if sound, feel and appearance are not important, a Concept will give you just as good a workout,

fnf01

Lil-Rokslider
Waterrower for me, the sound, smoothness, and look hands down. If you want games, training etc ergatta uses waterrowers as part of their system you can buy all together or add it to a water rower you already have

If it's going in your garage, concept 2. If it's going anywhere you need to look at it, water rower.

They're both solid, they both work, but the waterrower is much quieter, better looking, and takes up less space when you're not using it. The feel is a little different between the two but not in a way that really matters, the main difference is noise and aesthetics. I have a waterrower in my living room and it looks fine, plus it's quiet enough that it doesn't disrupt anything else in the house. Couldn't do that with a concept2.