RS members who just buy and sell

Just because someone doesn’t post a lot doesn’t discredit them. I’m from the east and follow mostly western hunting discussions. I don’t feel like i have enough knowledge to post much but i still read them and this is one of the few places i can get feedback on items since no one sells most of the gear i want in tn or uses it for what i want to use it for. I do buy and sell a bit here because it is the best place.

But i had a bad experience with someone who had several posts and contributions just this week. Told me i could have an item for a certain price and 5 minutes later sold it to someone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you check feedback and someone's profile? I can't see how to do it.

Click on the individuals avatar, then click on the profile. From there you will see several options on the bottom and a right arrow. Click on the right arrow and it will move over to feedback, click that and it will show you. That's atleast how to do it in the mobile version.

MtnMuley

WKR
I don't have any feedback on my profile and the reaction score of 57. Whatever that means. I've bought a solid 50 things on Rokslide and never had a single hiccup other than an OnX chip supposedly sent by the buyer, but was an empty envelope. That issue got resolved though. I also know a couple guys who are "Junior Members" who only buy and sell. They are as rock solid as they come with too much high dollar gear.

Honestly when i click on rokslide on my phone it takes me straight to the classifieds and i’ll usually browse it a few times a day.
maybe once a day i’ll click new posts and just read without any commenting.
it’s pretty seldom i do any commenting.

Click on the person's avatar, then on the avatar underneath, then on feedback status. This gives you feedback of the persons as a seller and a purchaser of only those that left feedback. Most do not leave feedback.

I have been trying to post so that I could get to the classifieds! I found it difficult to find posts where I added and didn’t just fill up another thread.

WKR
I get where you’re coming from and probably would have the same reluctance to give a good deal to someone that doesn’t contribute much if at all.

Playing devils advocate though, I could be considered pretty “inactive” bc I don’t post a lot although I’m on here multiple times a day every single day reading just about every post that I can. Just don’t reply much bc I don’t have western hunting insight that most on here are looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To all the eastern or inexperienced guys: good questions are just as important as good answers.

cjl32

Lil-Rokslider
I'm another that most would consider inactive. I don't post much because as others have stated what I would contribute on most topics has already been posted. I do read the forums daily and always check out the classifieds. The good deals section has cost me more money than I really want to think about or maybe saved money depending on how you think about it.

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
Who cares as long as they are fair and honest and abide by forum rules. I didn't know a social credit score was needed to buy/sell in the classifieds.
Not sure if you are replying to my original post or not. If so, that’s not close to what I was suggesting.

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
I decided to be more optimistic and a few days ago told the guy he could have the item in question for free, just pay ~$10 for shipping and to “pay it forward”. He said "yes" but asked for pictures which I provided. Then two days of radio silence, so I figured he was no longer interested and told him the “deal” was off.

So anyone who has posted on this thread want this item - you just cover shipping? I just updated the software, but I don’t have the box and won’t include batteries. If so, please PM me by tomorrow. Otherwise I will give it to a friend, or put it on a shelf. But I figure anyone who has suffered through this post should get a shot.
3F53D213-BA45-4C42-A358-E6202CCEEF71.jpeg

Not sure if you are replying to my original post or not. If so, that’s not close to what I was suggesting.
"But it did make me pause - should I give the deal I was considering to this member? On the one hand he or she isn't contributing the same way that others are"

OK buddy!

As a brand new member that’s brand new to western hunting, I’m not even half way to the 10 post mark and I’d just like to LOOK at the classifieds. It’s tough for guys like me because there’s so much information on here. I’ve got tons of questions that I could break that 10 post mark in a day but I don’t want to be the new guy asking the same questions that have been asked 100x, so I go digging around and find a lot of my answers without making a single post. For a new guy to get setup to backpack hunt in the west costs a lot imo, so buying used stuff is very appealing to me. But I guess this gets me one step closer to being granted permission ha. So it’s tough for a new guy- lots of previous answers, no experience to share, and a need to buy stuff at a cheaper price.

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
"I didn't know a social credit score was needed to buy/sell in the classifieds" isn't (IMHO) the same as ME choosing whether to give the same deal (to GIVE AWAY) an item to someone who doesn't otherwise participate on the other boards. Maybe you missed the other caveats in the original post ("Not knocking this at all", "Again, that's within the rules, the history is transparent, and all prior feedback has been positive", and "being a willing buyer and seller adds value to RS, and maybe he or she is in a pickle with the current economic situation and that's a main source of income"), and even the "should I give the deal" portion of what you quoted.

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
@MightyWhitey - you are almost there! As someone else pointed out in this thread, your questions are just as valid (if not more so) than many posted answers (I've got plenty of examples of those). If only all new members would search existing threads like you do. If you are in need of stuff, let us know. (And those posts count man!)

Sparkey24

FNG
Don't think the number of posts or reply's will indicate whether or not someone will be a good person to deal with.
Lots of good people that like to read and learn on here.

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
I think most members would prefer if I only bought and sold.

🤣 I expect a lot of people who waded through this thread think the same about me.

@Sparkey24 I didn't mean to suggest anyone who is new or just lurks isn't trustworthy, maybe just not a person to whom I want to *give* an item. The member in question, btw, hasn't been on RS in ~10 days after not replying to my PMs after offering the above item for free.

Sparkey24

FNG
🤣 I expect a lot of people who waded through this thread think the same about me.

@Sparkey24 I didn't mean to suggest anyone who is new or just lurks isn't trustworthy, maybe just not a person to whom I want to *give* an item. The member in question, btw, hasn't been on RS in ~10 days after not replying to my PMs after offering the above item for free.
That's fair. I am not much of a poster here or other sites i am a member of. Seams if you do a little searching you can find an answer to a lot of questions.