RS members who just buy and sell

Djw442

FNG
That’s what I’m doing right now! Already missed a great deal on a rifle i wanted due to the inability to send a pm or contact the seller. Not going to happen again...

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
That’s what I’m doing right now! Already missed a great deal on a rifle i wanted due to the inability to send a pm or contact the seller. Not going to happen again...
Only takes a few!

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
For the people who don't want to repeat what has already been said with their answer or comment on threads, I find value in knowing if several people have the same solution. As such, I prefer when people comment even if they don't have anything new to add. It helps me make decisions and assign value to proposed solutions.

bighorn06, the requirement is a number of posts and several days, not just the number of posts. But hey, I'll help you out; your location?

I just want to buy a rifle. I think $700 plus shipping is enough to pay. This is like going to a auction and registering and when you try to bid being told to come back next week to buy something. I don't like buyers fees either, but they are getting more popular especially with internet auctions. I think the seller should pay the commission.

I sent you a message on the LRH forum.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I just want to buy a rifle. I think $700 plus shipping is enough to pay. This is like going to a auction and registering and when you try to bid being told to come back next week to buy something. I don't like buyers fees either, but they are getting more popular especially with internet auctions. I think the seller should pay the commission.

There are lots of ways to get 10 posts without spaming a thread. There is an entire FNG subform for starters. You clearly don't want to put even that minimal amount of work in, but still want everything for free. I don't find entitlement attitudes conducive to civil communities.

Clearly you think $700 for the rifle is a deal, so saying it is enough to pay is to twist the facts. Asking a buyer to cover fees is a negotiating tactic. While I don't like it personally, price negotiation is between the buyer and seller. If you don't like how someone negotiates than excersize your walk away option.

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
That was quick. I wish that he stayed on, or that his posts were still here, as an instructive "what not to do" for future new members. That back and forth was way more interesting than anything related to my original post!

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
That was quick. I wish that he stayed on, or that his posts were still here, as an instructive "what not to do" for future new members. That back and forth was way more interesting than anything related to my original post!

I should have quoted all his posts. I thought about it, but was too lazy.

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
I should have quoted all his posts. I thought about it, but was too lazy.
Ditto. And I had a few (what I thought of as really good and snarky) subsequent replies in hand that will now go unposted! Probably for the best

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Welcome to RS! If you don't want to post 10 times, you are free to pay $50. https://www.rokslide.com/forums/threads/a-new-update-to-the-classified-rules.156417/

Here are a few other threads that may be of interest, some of which may still be open to complaints comments:
Wow, you really tried to help him out, yet he just ignored it. I feel the effort you went to is worthy of recognition. It is interesting how only 1 out of the three people that started those threads ever made it to 10 posts and that one only has 12 posts in about a year.

To the original topic of this thread. I prefer to give things to people I know will use them and that it actually helps. I have a few things I would give to active members, but I would consider giving to highly inactive members to be the same as putting it out on the curb with a free sign on it, only more trouble as it would require a trip to the post office. The problem with free stuff is people will take it regardless of need, or waste your time asking about it like happened to you.

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
@Marbles thank you, but you are too kind. If he actually read those threads, he may have been more miffed/pissed because they made it clear, IMHO, that whiners don't get very far.

Do we know whether he was banned or he just bailed?

My thoughts on selling are at a low point.

@Marbles thank you, but you are too kind. If he actually read those threads, he may have been more miffed/pissed because they made it clear, IMHO, that whiners don't get very far.

Do we know whether he was banned or he just bailed?

My thoughts on selling are at a low point.

He was banned. And he bought my rifle so he got what he came here for.

Olympics777

Lil-Rokslider
Not gonna lie this thread has been pretty entertaining. I’ve been a member here since 2014 but I never posted, I just read until recently. Lately I’ve decided to participate more. Still hard to have much good input when there’s a lot of knowledgeable folks here already.