Rtic softpak coolers?

Anyone use there? I am thinking about ordering one. Kinda sucks they aren’t in stores to see the size but I feel the 20 would be big enough for my needs

How are they? Hold ice for a while?

jmsdad

Lil-Rokslider
I have the softpack 30 for over 3 yrs. Holds ice much better than the plastic coolers and no sloshing sounds. Primary use for me is long road trips and stays in the back seat behind driver so my passenger can reach over and grab drinks on the go.

Boomer51

FNG
I've had trouble with their zippers and subsequently the warranty. If you're one day over, you're done. They can't replace their zippers, even if you pay. There line is "Just buy another". I won't......

kopecsean

FNG
AO coolers. Great warranty good zippers and made me USA.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jeremyc_1999

Lil-Rokslider
Be careful about putting stuff on top of them. My brother had one and took it on a rafting trip and put some stuff on top of it and it wasn't completely full. The seam between the lid and the zipper failed and the lid basically fell out.

I’ve got 2, love them. Hold ice well, never had problems with zippers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gjviii

Lil-Rokslider
i have a few, one torn, one lost a rubber grommet, one "separated" on the inside. i tried to get customer service to help and received the worse customer service i have ever seen in my life. i would never buy anything from them again, and i try to tell everyone i know about my horrible experience. i suggest, before you buy, give them a call with a 'problem' and see how rude they are....

Spend your money elsewhere. I have two. Zipper broke on one. The ice retention on mine are not great. They relegated to road trips with ice being replaced every morning or keeping some beverages cool for a few hours at a party. For those uses, any POS cooler are more than adequate.

Zero complaints with their rotomold coolers.

Ace12

Lil-Rokslider
I have a soft cooler in 20,30,40 and hard in 20 45 and 65. Love every single one. For the price especially on sale they cannot be beat

I have the 30 soft cooler and use it way more than my 20 45 or 65 hard rtic coolers.

I had a 20 soft cooler aND gave it to my buddy to use on his boat. He loves it.

The 30 fits in front of my passenger seat of my truck and is always there on my solo road trip hunts. The hard coolers are so dam heavy even when empty. If I use the 65 I put it in my truck empty and fill it once it is in my truck. Kind of a pain in the ass.

The hard coolers are great for keeping ice if you don't open the lid every 10 minutes for another beer..... I often store bags of ice in the hard coolers and transfer into the soft cooler as needed.

The soft coolers have. Held up well for me after several years of hard use. They are not great at keeping ice but are very light and hold a lot of stuff.

I have a “lunch box” size and a 20. Both get used regularly without issue. Lube the zippers periodically. They keep ice better than and small igloo type cooler and they’re leak proof. The only thing I could complain about is I had my 20 inside a large cooler with a half gallon of ice tea in the back of my truck for 2 weeks on nf roads and from the constant smashing from jug the inside wall is now loose from the foam, it seems to still function the same it’s just sloppy looking inside and not as easy to clean.

gjviii

Lil-Rokslider
"The only thing I could complain about is I had my 20 inside a large cooler with a half gallon of ice tea in the back of my truck for 2 weeks on nf roads and from the constant smashing from jug the inside wall is now loose from the foam, it seems to still function the same it’s just sloppy looking inside and not as easy to clean. "

this was the issue i had with one of mine as well, however it was brand new. reached out for repair/return and that is just one instance of the HORRIBLE customer service.

TSimons9

FNG
Some other folks mentioned it but the zippers are garbage. As far as the cooler goes I had great luck with mine. I used it as my lunch box working construction in Southern Arizona in the summer and I never had an issue keeping my food/water cold, even when the zipper gave up the ghost and it wasnt sealed all the way it would still have ice after a 10 hour day in the heat.

Zippers need to be consistently lubed otherwise get jammed. Holds ice for a a decent amount of time. Wait for a sale if you go the Rtic route... usually offee some sort of sale discount

I have a 20 that has been great. I also have the Ozark trail that is just as good. I use it every day and never put more than one small blue ice pack in it.

idahomuleys

Lil-Rokslider
I'll give another testimony that the zippers are garbage. Mine broke after 10ish uses and ended up throwing it in the trash... I received a soft yeti as a gift (the only yeti product I own) and that thing has been great. No issues so far and have used it 3 times as much as I ever got to use the rtic.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

xziang

WKR
I must have lucked out I have a smaller one I have been using 6 days a week for just over a year now with 0 issues. Works well for my need and no issues with the zipper at all. Keep a small radio in the front compartment and other crap in the bungee mesh type side storage areas.

My 30 spends a lot of time in the canoe or strapped to paddle boards during the summer. Rode around a bit on the roof rack too. No issues with it at all. If I kill it I’ll replace it with a yeti flip top. The design of the other hoppers is the reason I bought the Rtic. Never had a zipper issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rcdinaz

FNG
I have the 20 and have drug it around in the back of a UTV a lot. The zippers can get sticky if you don't clean or wax them but I have not had any issues. I live in AZ and my only little gripe is in the sun here when it is insanely hot some of the glue came apart on the outside of the lid. No issue to performance and it can be fixed. I will say a great deal of gear will fail when it is +110 in the shade, direct sun will plain out wreck even a hard side cooler.