Rubber boots for whitetail stand hunting

Jacack

WKR
For guys that do the rubber boot thing, I got invited to hunt a friend's place in Missouri first week of November.

Talking gear with him he suggested rubber boots , I have no experience with them and wanted to see what guys use, he said lacrosse is the way to go. Anyone have any input on what's a good pair, dont need the top but dont want junk.

Thanks

Pepe55

FNG
Muck boots all the way. Only stand hunting boot I've ever owned. Have a pair of lacrosse and they are too heavy and bulky.

Stroke250

Lil-Rokslider
I have used Irish Setter Rutmaster 800g for the last few years. They have been my favorite rubber hunting boot to date. They hug the ankle/foot amazingly well unlike older style boots. They are warm as well. Used them in Michigan and Illinois hunting. I will also use them here in Idaho when needed.

rayporter

WKR
you probably wont encounter very cold temperatures then, so the 7mm lacrosse will be overkill. the lighter muck boots should do well.

for cold the 7mm lacrosse are great. lacrosse makes a 4mm boot also.

I think the 7mm lacrosse is the tougher boot, I wear mine in briars that would shred mucks in a day.

I have lacrosse alpha burley I think 1600gram. They are awesome. Feet have never been cold. Trekked around in Maryland in them climbing walking hills and all sorts. Never and issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RCL

WKR
I have Lacrosse and Muck, but the Lacrosse just seem to fit better.

Big fan of the fit of my Lacrosse Alpha Burly uninsulated. I also like my 1200 gram Cabela's Zoned Comfort Trac boots, but the fit/sizing wasn't as easy with them, took some trial and error.

curt514

FNG
you probably wont encounter very cold temperatures then, so the 7mm lacrosse will be overkill. the lighter muck boots should do well.

for cold the 7mm lacrosse are great. lacrosse makes a 4mm boot also.

I think the 7mm lacrosse is the tougher boot, I wear mine in briars that would shred mucks in a day.

It’s Missouri.
During rifle season it could be 80F or it could be 10F. You never know it could be both over the course of a couple days.

The only thing that is for sure is that you will see way more turkey and squirrels than deer, and turtles sound like a herd of cattle moving through the forest.

And yes it does make you feel better after a long day of seeing nothing to turn a squirrel inside out with a 270. Just make sure your muzzle is clear of your blind first. Don’t ask me how I know that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnchorF22

WKR
I've had Muck, Lacrosse, and Cabelas. For my feet, the Cabelas aren't comfortable, the Mucks are okay on comfort and pretty warm, and the Lacrosse Alpha Burlys are perfect... comfortable all day for miles of hiking, good fit all around, and plenty warm. No question for me.

Watrdawg

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Lacrosse Alpha Burly Pro 1600 for when it gets really cold and the Bogs Blaze II's for a bit warmer weather. Warmer being down to 30's or so. Overall I like the Bogs boots the most. They are lighter and easier to walk in than the Lacrosse's. However, when it's below 20 and I'm sitting still for a long period I really like the Lacrosse's. Regardless when wearing either boot my feet haven't gotten cold.

Elkhntr08

WKR
Another Alpha Burly vote here. Warm boot and easy to get on and off. Go with the Pro, love the side zip!

gunnar_17

FNG
As a guide in Northern B.C. I live in my rubber boots for 2 months of the year.
I purchased a pair of Lacrosse Alpha Burly Pros last season and had less than 3 months of use before they started leaking between the sole and upper.
They are very comfortable but apparently since the production was sent over seas the quality has fallen dramatically.
So far Lacrosse has been great to deal with in terms of warranty however as a guide I can not have boots fail part way through a hunt.
I will be looking for a made in USA option.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

howl

WKR
Had a pair of LaCross that I never could wash the mold release agent off. And they only lasted a year. Best pair so far is Redhead.

You don't want insulated rubber boots for cold weather. Your feet will sweat and get colder sooner than non-Goretex leather. Only wearing leather in the woods and using scent spray has worked well, but now I hunt where I am crossing calf deep creeks a lot. I use uninsulated rubber walking in and take them off. I put boot blankets on at the stand when I'm getting the coveralls on. If hunting out of a climber, I wear 1000gr non-Goretex leather and boot blankets over that.

If I sat in 10 degree weather a lot I would have a Heater Body Suit and an electric vest.

south man

FNG
I know the original poster said he went with lacrosse and I would agree. I have owned several pair of Lacrosse and they have been great boots. I still get cold from feet sweating in the 1600 gram so I sold them and in search of a good non rubber boot for 30 degrees and below.