Rubber boots

I currently have an early season and winter season pair that are both wearing out. Looking for recommendations on each pair! What’s are favorites and why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muck Woody Maxx. Mainly tree stand hunting but some of my stands are well off the beaten path so a long trek to get there. They are comfortable to my feet and very warm. If I sweat going in I will change socks at the stand. They only come in whole sizes I think and I wear the next size up so that I can wear a thick sock. They probably would not stand up to western landscapes but here down South I generally get 5-6 years out of a pair.

Scott1976

FNG
The Cabelas Zoned boots are the only rubber boots I’ve had that kept my feet warm late season in the Midwest. I’ve had Muck, lacrosse, Browning, under armor, bogs in the past, several pairs of some and the cabelas worked the best for me

Zdub02

WKR
I'm currently using Muck boots and like them. I've beat them up and gotten a few years use out of them and they still keep my feet dry. Fit is nice and snug as well which I like.

cobbc03

Lil-Rokslider
Alphaburlys are the only rubber boot I will buy. They are comfortable and durable as they come. I have a pair of muck artic pros and hate them. They are just my snow shoveling/snowblowing boots because they are so uncomfortable compared to the lacrosse, and their traction is nonexistent.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have a pair of insulated xtratuffs that have been great for several years. I use them all winter down to about a hard 0, after that it’s bunny boots.

TheNorris

FNG
Muck all the way. I have both an insulated and snake proof early season pair. They have both lasted 7+ years of medium use and completely water proof.

Alphaburlys are the only rubber boot I will buy. They are comfortable and durable as they come.
+1 for LaCrosse in general.

For a less insulated boot, the Range Air Circ is a great model. For an uninsulated boot, the ZXT Guardsman is a beast. My pair is on year 5, my Ol' Mans pair is on year ~20.

I currently have an early season and winter season pair that are both wearing out. Looking for recommendations on each pair! What’s are favorites and why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Original LaCrosse Grange guy here. I've probably hiked 1000 miles in those while bowhunting over the past 15 years. I just like the way they fit and they aren't as heavy as most others.

I have ditched the rubber boots and run an uninsulated, waterproof leather boot. But they get put on when I leave the truck to head to the stand and go back in a container before I get back in the truck. I run a good wool socks like darn turf and my feet stay comfortable year round.

have been wearing mucks around on the farm doing chores and hunting since 1999. Bunch of my co-workers swear by the lacrosse alphaburly pros so I tried a set for last springs calving season and that was the worst $180 I ever spent. Threw them in the dumpster & went back to the mucks. But I'm firm believer that everybody's feet are so unique that you have to figure out boots on your own,

Buzby

WKR
If you want a boot to last 10 years, not 10 months, you need natural rubber. LeChameau or Gumleaf. I have a pair of leather lined LeChameaus that are super comfortable. Im on my third year with them and they still look like new.