Ruger 9mm Carbine

Rich M

WKR
Looking and looking. This gun any good?

Be easy for wife to use, has good reviews.
Should be a good pinker to 100 yds.

Anyone got one or a good reason to say no?

556 would be 2nd option but I'd rather not go there. Too. Much $, $$$.

ghostrider272

Lil-Rokslider
No good reason to say no I have one and set it up for 50 yards. I was surprised by the accuracy. Pleased with the rifle, but it could be lighter.

OP
R

Rich M

WKR
No good reason to say no I have one and set it up for 50 yards. I was surprised by the accuracy. Pleased with the rifle, but it could be lighter.

Thanks, Ghost - you shooting iron sights or have you put a reflex site on there?

And what ammo you shooting? Is it picky at all?

I sighted one in for my neighbor and put maybe 200 rounds through it. Pretty accurate but it was acting funny when I put my Mystic can on there and shot the 147 gr subsonic federals. Wouldn’t cycle. The magazine release is in an odd spot too; easy to accidentally drop the clip. Agree with the other post that it’s a bit heavy too.

Not saying that you shouldn’t buy one, but I’d think more about the 5.56... cheaper ammo, longer range, more options. You can get a 300 BLK upper if you wanted a subsonic thumper too.

ghostrider272

Lil-Rokslider
Rich, I am running a 1.1-4x24 scope on mine. Used 124 gr American Eagle ammo. Haven't tried it with a can yet.

jmazz

Lil-Rokslider
Since moving back to NY I've been using one for the HD gun since I can't have my pistols or ARs here. Shoots really well and is very accurate. There are some modifications I'd like to make, such as adding a light and red dot. Definitely worth a look.

BCsteve

WKR
I have the Mlock version. I like it, built very well, reliable but as mentioned, it’s a bit heavy. Still glad I bought it. I have a Vortex Venom 3moa on it.