Ruger American 22-250 Heavy Load Development

So I have been wanting to shoot heavier bullets out of my RA for some time now, partially for higher BC steel plinking and added effect on predators. I figured this information may help others trying the same thing, not much conclusive info out there for RAs with over 55gr bullets. The barrel is Rugers standard 1-10 twist, I stiffened and weighted the forend and buttstock my filling it with leadshot and epoxy resin from Lowes. Shooting off a Harris bipod and bags with a PA 4-14 that is proven to hold a zero.
To start I went through a box of cheap winchesters 45grs and barnes 50grs that came with the rifle for break in. 50gr barnes tsx shot better than 45s but not great.
About halfway through a 50rd box of Hornady 50gr Vmax the rifle started shooting better groups. About 70-80 rounds. I had only bought the hornadys for the brass.
As of yesterday, I shot a 5 ground group of factory 50gr Vmax for a .831 with a flier to the left, the flier very well could have been the cold bore shot.
Next was 60gr VMax, hornady brass, 43gr Superform, seated to .025" off the lands. 1.257" 100yd 5 shot group.
3rd 69gr Sierra TMKs, 38gr IMR4350, hornady brass, .020" off lands. 5 shot group was the worst at 1.830".
These were just some starting loads to give me baselines for each bullet. It gives me an idea of which way to go instead of trying ladder test after ladder test for each bullet/powder combo.
I would really like to get the 69 TMKs to tighten up, they may be too long to stabilize with this twist. I think velocity needs to be brought up to stabilize that long heavy bullet in a slow twist. Higher grain 4350 charges are loaded and ready to shoot with the 69s and Im anxious to use the Superform with these also. It burns slower than 4350 and consistently goves higher velocities than other powders. Its also a pleasure to work with.
I will probably pick up some 69gr SMKs and varget next time I get a chance.

OP
lyle_destroys
Finally got around to doing some shooting yesterday. Didnt get a real good group with 60gr vmaxes but I shot a .555" group with 69gr TMKs and 40gr of Superform from Hornady brass. Im stoked about this. Should be good coyote medicine. I pulled one to the left but the other 4 rounds were in a slight vertical string. Im going to play with seating depth a little bit and move the powder charge up and down a little. This group was with bullets .005" off the lands. No signs of pressure. Im looking forward to pushing this out to 300 yards and beyond.

OP
lyle_destroys
Not really a heavy bullet but I'm going to revisit the 60gr v-maxes. Picked up a pound of cfe223 and will be doing a ladder test from 35-38gr or hit pressure by .2gr steps. Then I'll play with seating depth. These have a much shorter ogive than the tmks. Seating .002 into the lands to start