Ruger American Magazine Issue

I purchased a Ruger American compact for my son in November of 2018. I was a little skeptical about the plastic rotary magazines, but the online reviews I could find said they were reliable. Fast forward to May of 2020. My son has a little over 500 rounds down the pipe, and the 2 magazines are failing to feed about every other round. Newer online reviews prove that this is a widespread issue. Problem is, the magazines are discontinued by Ruger. I managed to find 1 new one at a local gun shop to use for bear season. I called Ruger last week and they offered to ship me an AICS conversion kit for about $25. I paid, and figured the problem would soon be solved. Ordered a couple of short action Magpul AI mags a day later. Tonight I got home from work and the package from Ruger was waiting for me. I tore it open to find......an AR magazine conversion kit. Dammit! They shipped me the wrong kit! I made sure and emphasized "AI" many times over the phone, and I gave the serial # to the customer service rep, so I'm not sure how it could've any more clear. The rifle is a good shooter, and fits my son very well, but I think my patience with Ruger has run out. I swore them off several years ago after multiple issues with a P89 pistol and a Red Label shotgun, not sure why I wasted my money on one more. Has anyone actually made one of these rifles work for very long? If we shot a few boxes a year I could see how the gun might be ok, but we shoot 3-5 times a week, averaging 75-100 rounds a month give or take. Sorry for the long rant.

Cali hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Mine took a crap too on my 30-06. Had mine since 2012 and maybe put 75-100 rounds Down it I only use it hunting so lots of loading and unload in the elements.