Ruger American Rifle Go Camo .300 Win Mag

ericF

WKR
Not specifically the Go Wild Version, but I do have the Ruger American Magnum which I believe they have folded into the go wild version. The Magnum has a generic stock, no muzzle brake, and stainless steel barrel. I got it years ago just because it was threaded and wanted it for long range practice. It shoots great for what it is, a factory rifle that is <1MOA. The fit and finish is typical Ruger American so as long as you know what you are getting it is an accurate rifle.

It depends on how you will use the rifle. If you are backpacking with it having either stainless or Cerakote is nice.

If you plan on using a brake or suppressor, having a barrel threaded from the factory is nice, as having a barrel threaded will probably run you ~$150-$200. I haven’t been around a 300 win mag with a muzzle break but I suspect it would be very loud.

I think Bell and Carlson now makes a stock for the Ruger American, so you do have the option of an upgrade if you don’t like the factory stock.

Not really going to find a $550 gun that shoots like these and is already cerakoted. I am desperately searching for the new 6.5 PRC model.

ericF

WKR
Not really going to find a $550 gun that shoots like these and is already cerakoted. I am desperately searching for the new 6.5 PRC model.

You and everybody else. Even when they start showing up, I think they will be a hot commodity. In case anybody is wondering, I believe the 6.5 PRC will be built on the long action. I couldn't find any direct evidence on the rifle itself, but here is the magazine that it looks like it uses and the specifically call out 6.5 PRC in single stack with an OAL of 3.37.

https://shopruger.com/Ruger-American-Rifle-Magnum-3-Round-Magazine/productinfo/90549/