Ruger Precision Rifle

Anyone order one? What gen are these? Website is very vague

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Coueser4

FNG
Thought I read in the comments on it it was gen2. I guess I’m not sure what the differences are between the gens? Anything good or bad? Seems like a great deal.

For that price does it really matter. Seems to good to be true honestly.
But gen 2 had different calibers, better handgaurd and a brake.
Gen 3 has an even better handgaurd and a nitrate coated bolt or something.
But for $500 off retail there's room for upgrades.
Was thinkin of selling my gen 1 but if there going for that cheap.

highside74

Lil-Rokslider
It will be gen1 and Sportsmans Warehouse has been blowing them out also. They had the 6mm Creed and 223 for less than $900 last month.

OP
ianpadron

ianpadron

WKR
It will be gen1 and Sportsmans Warehouse has been blowing them out also. They had the 6mm Creed and 223 for less than $900 last month.
Was the Gen 1 ever offered in 6mm Creedmoor though?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

How do these compare to the tikka precision rifle? Anyone shoot both? I got my eye on a bunch of rifles right now but may have to put em on hold for this deal! Im just not sure if its legal in NY, due to the brake? Hmmm

How do these compare to the tikka precision rifle? Anyone shoot both? I got my eye on a bunch of rifles right now but may have to put em on hold for this deal! Im just not sure if its legal in NY, due to the brake? Hmmm

You can always ditch the brake and just put a thread protector on. I added a brake to my Gen 1 in 6.5 just to make spotting impacts easier. The rifle is really heavy, and these aren't hard kicking calibers, so you won't miss a brake.
My experience with the tikka is pretty limited, but the RPR seemed as functional, with a little less refinement if that makes any sense. I've been able to ring steel past a thousand yards with factory Prime ammo in the RPR.

Anyone get one of these in yet? Im planning to order one tonight/tomorrow

How hard is it to find and how expensive is the 6mm creed factory ammo? I see it actually has better ballistics than the 6.5creed and most long range target calibers.

OP
ianpadron

ianpadron

WKR
Hornady ELDM 108 grain are like $30 a box, available everywhere
How hard is it to find and how expensive is the 6mm creed factory ammo? I see it actually has better ballistics than the 6.5creed and most long range target calibers.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

satchamo

WKR
They have them cheaper on GunBroker at $750 free shipping. And no it's not too good to be true. I ordered one myself and the only issue is the brake isn't quite indexed right and is tighter than all hell. Haven't stretched its legs yet though.
cfede0e0c4b7c61f43d454a824a15488.jpg

satchamo

WKR
I was able to buy the Hornady black with 108 bthp for $17 a box on outdoorlimited. They have the Hornady match for $22 a box. I got a bit of both to compare but I've read nothing but good about the black in 6mm CM so my finger are crossed that it's good because that's cheap