Rugers first elk

FURMAN

WKR
Great story. It is good to see people getting kids involved in hunting.

I on the otherhand was shaking so bad I could hardly hold my binos up

Great story Justin, thanks for sharing, and a great big congratulations to Ruger. This line made me laugh, but I know exactly what you mean, I felt the same way when my son killed his first deer and elk. My daughter is supposed to start hunting this year, looking forward to feeling all of those emotions again.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Congrats Ruger! Justin you are doing what every hunter should be doing. Getting our youth into the woods!

tstowater

WKR
Classified Approved
Congrats Ruger! Justin you are doing what every hunter should be doing. Getting our youth into the woods!

Exactly what I was thinking!!!!! Unquestionably the best story that I have read on this site. We all need to follow Justin's lead.

Mckinnon

WKR
Thanks for sharing Justin. Congrats to Ruger first of all! But thanks to you for setting a good example for that young man and all of us as well!

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Awesome story your a great person thanks for taking the time to mentor him. There are plenty more successful trips in his future

crumy

WKR
That is great Justin. I am sure your dad and his would be proud. That is what hunting is all about. It is not the harvest. It is the adventure and the story that you and Ruger will have forever.