Ruger's Position

tstowater

WKR
Classified Approved
Can anyone send me a link that shows the ramifications of the gun ban they are trying to enact? I couldn't find anything in the 5 or do minutes I looked earlier that was official.

I am trying to become as informed as possible about this issue before I decide my stance. Not owning or needing an AR or AK for any reason I think my views may be different than the majority.

This is a straight forward issue in my mind and also the Constitution: You are either for the 2nd Amendment and the right to bear arms (notice that the 2nd Amendment does not restrict the type and characteristic) or your against it. Period. Theoretically, you should be able to own and use a full auto without restriction, registration or fee if that is what you want. Just because a majority wants something, does mean that the majority is right.

Shrek

WKR
I don't own any "black" rifles either and have no desire to but I do want to stop the erosion of my constitutional rights. The only ramifications that matter is it puts your personal freedom in the arena of negotiated privileges and removes your freedom as an inalienable right. I look at where we are going with security laws and now weapons restrictions and registration and it is looking more and more like a police state. In the name of fighting terrorism we have the patriot act. A law that would have been unthinkable just a generation ago. We have created a concentrated and unified state police power in the dept of homeland security. If I believed in conspiracy theory then the sept 11th attack looks like the biggest stalking horse for the establishment of a police state ever. Remember that one mans treasonous terrorist is anothers patrotic freedom fighter. With the laws the way they are now , the government could declare you a terrorist and try you in a military court with secret evidence that you can't even see to refute and then ship you off to a prison in a foreign country and hold you incommunicado indefinitely. The government claims to need this power to fight really bad terrorist. Whats to stop them from deciding to declare you or me a terrorist when I try to speak out when I stand up for my constitutional rights ? All these laws add up to the inability of individuals to exercise their constitutional rights and their ability to forcefully resist the establishment of a police state in the USA.

sab

Lil-Rokslider
What's the population segment of tactical gun ownership in reference to total gun ownership, am I missing something?

I can't answer this question, but I'm pretty certain that the AR15 has been the best-selling gun for several years now. I challenge you to find one for sale right now. Hell, Brownells said they sold 3-1/2 years worth of AR magazine inventory in just three days back in December! I think you're assuming that most gun owners think like you do, and obviously they don't, or they wouldn't be paying $3k for a rifle that was about $800 just a few months back...

Scott

Shrek

WKR
That part about buying everything available at 3 times the regular price is insane. There are going to be no new laws passed in the next two years at the minimum. No new anti gun laws will even make it to the floor of the house of representatives for a vote and I would be surprised if there were any votes in the senate.

OP
Backpack Hunter
A couple of the reasons may be that the platform is super modular, you can put pretty much anything on them. You can adjust it to fit just about anybody, easy to use, accurate, easy to take down, makes a good offense/defense weapon, and low recoil. I'm sure I have missed a few.

Wow, didn't know that Mike, thanks for the info. Any idea why?

5.56/.223 is cheap to shoot, it's the "lego" rifle of today... and don't forget how "tacticool" it is :)
Plus there are some pretty awesome long range gas gun setups out there. Quite a few guys are running 6mm or 6.5mm calibers off the AR10 platform and shooting 1K yards with them.

Mike

ckleeves

WKR
Not to mention they might very well be the ultimate coyote rifle. That second dog of the pair is no longer safe! Lol. The accuracy is no joke either they shoot as well or better than most bolt guns.

Yeah especially if you run a suppressor... :)

And those high capacity mags make it easier to fling as much lead as possible on that 2nd running dog until he's WAY out of range!

Mike