Rugged ridge bipod?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Who is using one? I’m looking to move on from the Harris I normally use, I had the javelin but it wasn’t what I wanted.

the rugged ridge seems pretty nice and I like the idea of installing their rail on 2-3 or my rifles and being able to switch back and forth. It seems like a nice sturdy bipod with some cool features.

I know the atlas is good too but I like the looks of the rugged ridge.

thanks!!!

DRUSS

WKR
I use a javelin and a rugged ridge. I feel each has attributes for the guns I use them with. my javelin stays on my lighter rifles and supports them well for my intended purposes. All without having to compromise the feel of my rifle for unsupported shooting. (I am not sure that's the best way to say that without sounding down on another type of set up ? ) the rugged ridge is a more robust bipod that works for my heavier rifles or for the times I feel I will be needing that much more solid setup. I only have a rail on 3 of my rifles currently and also like the ease of the mounting adapter for the javelin. but I have both intended for 2 separate styles of rifles-if that makes sense?

ckleeves

WKR
I had one and didn’t care for it. I would actually take a Harris over it but that’s JMO.

I thought it was the slowest bipod to deploy that I had ever used. I had to flip it around because under recoil the legs had a tendency to move. The legs are slow to adjust for length compared to a Harris notched leg or a atlas. The pan and tilt being linked makes leveling kinda a pain. You release the lever to tilt and the bipod also can move forward/back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I had one and didn’t care for it. I would actually take a Harris over it but that’s JMO.

I thought it was the slowest bipod to deploy that I had ever used. I had to flip it around because under recoil the legs had a tendency to move. The legs are slow to adjust for length compared to a Harris notched leg or a atlas. The pan and tilt being linked makes leveling kinda a pain. You release the lever to tilt and the bipod also can move forward/back.

have you ever tried one of the atlas bipods with the non rotating legs?

ckleeves

WKR
have you ever tried one of the atlas bipods with the non rotating legs?

Ya IMO it’s worth it to upgrade to non rotating legs. On a smooth surface when you load into it you can push the rifle forward without them. It’s not a huge deal but if you end up on a concrete firing line or bench you can chase the rifle around a little bit.

slowelk

WKR
Just curious, what do you see being the upgrade that the rugged ridge provides v the harris? No weight savings, no more robust, it's just more expensive.