Rugged Ridge Extreme Pod and Extreme Rear Support Review, By Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
01-Justin-Buck-Copy.jpg

This year I've been using the Extreme Pod from Rugged Ridge Gear along with their Extreme Rear Support System. Overall I found this system extremely solid. The Rear Support was definitely a winner and was used on a number of long-range kills this year by me and a few of my hunting buddies.

Last edited:

BenHankins

Lil-Rokslider
01-Justin-Buck-Copy.jpg

This year I've been using the Extreme Pod from Rugged Ridge Gear along with their Extreme Rear Support System. Overall I found this system extremely solid. The Rear Support was definitely a winner and was used on a number of long-range kills this year by me and a few of my hunting buddies.

You mentioned you like other bipods a little better, what is your favorite bipod?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
You mentioned you like other bipods a little better, what is your favorite bipod?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My favorite hunting bipod is the Javelin Pro Hunt. My favorite target shooting bipod is the Modular Evolution.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Because The added stability and repeatability of the mod evo is just not needed for hunting. ;)

Because everything is a trade off. I look at the Javelin vs Mod Evo similar to a lightweight rifle vs a heavy rifle. Both types of rifles can be equally accurate but one is easier to shoot consistantly. Neither one is better for all situations.

Both bipods are very capable of producing the accuracy needed for long shots but the Modular Evolution does it easier. The Javelin is my choice in hunting situations because it's less than half the weight and is still very stable.

There is not a shot I would personally take on an animal with the Mod Evo that I wouldn't take with the Javelin.

Broz

WKR
Because everything is a trade off. I look at the Javelin vs Mod Evo similar to a lightweight rifle vs a heavy rifle. Both types of rifles can be equally accurate but one is easier to shoot consistantly. Neither one is better for all situations.

Both bipods are very capable of producing the accuracy needed for long shots but the Modular Evolution does it easier. The Javelin is my choice in hunting situations because it's less than half the weight and is still very stable.

There is not a shot I would personally take on an animal with the Mod Evo that I wouldn't take with the Javelin.

Just razzing you a little Justin. But your reply, which I may differ slightly with in my opinion, pretty much says exactly what I said in my post. "Because The added stability and repeatability of the mod evo is just not needed for hunting" I may be old school, but when taking game at long range, I will stack the odds in my favor every time I can. Thats why I use a very stable bipod and rear support. To me they are "Worth Their Weight" YMMV