Run n gun system?

Anybody use their western hunting pack to haul in their treestand? I need a better way to get my stand to the public land spots I hunt.

Thinking about getting an XOP Vanish stand as well for something a bit lighter.

I haul my stand in and my backpack sits on my stand seat flipped backwards and it acts like a load shelf. Either I do that, or I pack extremely light and leave whatever I don’t absolutely need behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car7x

WKR
I have put together a whole saddle setup over the winter. Will be bringing it at least as far as the camp/truck etc., and if the setup calls for it I'm ready.

TheGreek

Lil-Rokslider
I installed molle shoulder straps and a waist belt to my LW alpha. LW stick quiver goes on the stand and I strap a small backpack on top of the sticks. Tons of videos online on how to do it. I’ve been been pretty happy with the set up. But this year i’m planning on bringing less items into the woods in the backpack to lighten the load further.

Scrappy

WKR
I got a kifaru light frame with a fulcrum last year for elk hunting as well as a hang and hunt pack. I used to get all my hang and hunt gear as lite as possible now I don't have to worry about going lite. Throw everything I need either in or strapped to my pack and go. With a good pack you don't have to worry about getting supper lite gear for deer hunting.

I use an Mr crew cab on a nice frame. The mule is the same thing basically. A small day pack with a load shelf. I like that better than the molle straps on my LW climber. I carry a set of sticks and safety gear more easily with a pack.

MIedge

FNG
This past year I took the Kifaru 22mag off of my 24" tactical frame and strapped my LW assault / sticks / hunting clothing to it with compression straps and a guide lid. It worked great and was rock solid especially on the long hikes in. Even with this comfortable setup I found myself avoiding deep spots because I was lazy and didn't want to carry all my gear back there.

This year I'm switching to a saddle and adding aiders to my sticks which will allow me to drop a stick. No more excuses for me.

XOP vanish is a great option though if you'd like to stick with the stand. I always recommend the Vanish over the LW assault bc its basically the same and significantly easier on the wallet.

coyyota

WKR
Classified Approved
Some good vids on YouTube of guy using EXO pack to carry in. Think the guy’s video was on channel called Traditional Bowhunting and Wilderness or something similar.

I have a lone wolf assault. Its pretty nice.

I am interested in the tree saddle but they just seem way too dangerous to me.

Brendan

WKR
I've used my Kifaru packs for stands since 2014. Everything from an EMRII, Fulcrum, to now a 22 Mag.

If you want the lightest and most compact possible - a saddle is the way to go. Used one all last season. But, there are still scenarios where I prefer a climber or larger hang-on. But even with those, I've taken to using my saddle as my harness.

OP
Jacob Chapman
I have a Stone Glacier system with 2 different bags, just getting awfully tired of lugging my heavy @ss Hawk stand everywhere and having to lash everything to it!

outdoors

FNG
I have the EXO 3500. Sometimes I would strap the pack frame to the stand platform (lone wolf assault) with zip ties and the attached straps. Then strap the bag to the stand. Sometimes I would just slip the stand into the meat shelf and carry like that. Depended where I was headed and if I was going to hunt that general area for a few days. I don't think there is one "great easy" way but a bunch of adequate ways. Before the EXO pack I had the molle system attached to the bottom of the stand. Then the seat flips down and acts like a shelf for a bag. Its what ever works for you. That said...I also switched to the saddle last season. I won't get into the benefits but there are plenty, you should look into it.

whitetail88arch

Lil-Rokslider
I haven’t used a frame pack to haul the stand but I’d be interested in trying. I currently have the lone Wolf alpha with muddy pro climbing sticks & throw my backpack with video equipment on top. Bad weight distribution, frame could make this way easier. But I’m also looking at getting a saddle too

7015260af9467c7f4cf95f5d5b2b7781.jpg

cb6eaf7827b08a1f46d4502298a671d7.jpg

This is what I’ve been doing. Got the idea from the hunting beast forum. Easy way to use your stand as a load shelf

I use my Kuiu frame strapped to the stand. I made some loops from rope to attach the straps to. It works great and sturdy enough to pack out all my stuff plus a deer if I quarter it. Definitely was 100lb plus total weights on a bigger buck I killed.

If I didn’t already have the Kuiu I would go with the Molle system as mentioned above.

Btaylor

WKR
Molle straps and waist belt on the stand. Added a kifaru sherman pocket that doubles as fanny pack and cargo panel.

kaburt1

FNG
Kuiu Frame with Meat Hauler Accessory! Makes carrying my LW sticks and Millenium Stand a breeze!!!! Super fast and quiet set up as well!

OP
Jacob Chapman
The more I look around I kind of like the idea of just permanently attaching some molle shoulder straps and hip belt on the stand and leaving it on there, should make it much quicker to get setup/taken down.

Any links on how to accomplish that would be great, need something to watch when I get home!