Running bleachers ?

a3dhunter

WKR
For those that run bleachers, going up do you run the actual walk way, which has 2 steps per bleacher seat, or do you go straight up the bleachers.

Put in 30 minutes on the bleachers trying out both ways yesterday, seemed like going up the bleachers (larger steps) seemed to work more of my leg muscles, and worked all the way up to the glutes, due to the longer stride and higher step vs. the walkway which is shorter stride and smaller targeted muscle group.
I know coming down the walkway felt better, where as the longer strides coming down the bleachers left my knees feeling unstable.
Curious how others incorporate this type of work.

If you go up the steps you can do singles and work on fast feet. Traintohunt.com just did a great vid on bleachers

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I do the bleachers up and walkway down. The fast step theory is valid, I just prefer to get more of the leg burning and the bleachers seem to do that better for me.

G Posik

WKR
When doing bleachers I do some of both. Get the good leg burn on the bleachers then some fast feet on the steps. I try to mix it up by doing 5 sets on the bleachers, then 3 sets on the steps. Then 3 sets on the bleachers and 5 set on the steps.

Glenn