Russell APXg2 L4 gale jacket

Slim Jim

WKR
Russell just added real tree max-1 camo to their apxg2 L4 gale jacket. How does everyone feel about this jacket? I wanted to get this because the price is right, at $169 it seems to be a good choice. I like to wear the max-1 camo for my high country early seasons. Any info on this jacket would be appreciated.

Lawnboi

WKR
I had it. If your paying full price i honestly think that you should invest the extra 30 bucks and get the kuiu guide jacket.

I got the gale jacket for half that price. Its a good jacket. good fit. No pitzips, no hood. Other than that i thought it was a very good jacket. Pretty heavy too.

Lost Arra

FNG
Do both of these jackets have a "snug" fit especially in the sleeves?
That is the reason I was looking at the Russell. I can live without a hood.
I shoot a longbow and baggy sleeves can be a problem since I don't like to use an armguard.
In the video on the Kuiu site the sleeves look somewhat full.

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
I just received the jacket and it fits well. Slim in the sleeves with good stretch. It is very comfortable and warm. Everyone says that they are heavy but it only weighs 1.6 lbs. for a large. That is only a couple ounces more than the kuiu guide and Sitka 90%. I can't wait to use it this season.

miller1

Lil-Rokslider
I love mine, fits very well and quality seems very good compared to the more expensive brands, i got mine at the local Gander Mountain clearanced out for $75.