Rut Behavior

Bigboi

FNG
Saw the weirdest thing today. Had a nice 4 point come over the hill towards me today and he was just feeding and slowly making his way down a little draw where I was setting up to get a shot at him when he came out of the trees. He was in there for no more then a couple minutes when he just took off like a bat out of hell and ran back over the hill he came. Now there was no one in the area the wind was a steady breeze into my face and I was laying prone all cammo in the shade and he was in the sun. Not sure what could have spooked him. Any thoughts?!??!? I was thinking a black bear, or maybe coyote bedded down? Time was 0930.
7c38da8e4ed4dc56c984b83342688457.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael54

WKR
Ive had that happen to me twice on our farm. Once was a blackbear that came in and bedded down 20 yards in front of me 4 days before bear season. Second time was a coyote i couldnt get a shot at.

Wiscohunter

Lil-Rokslider
Predator is a good guess, I had what would have been my best buck coming in when he suddenly turned and took off running. Wasn't sure what spooked him until I saw a coyote pop out of some tall grass. It was rifle season, so that coyote never chased another deer.

OP
Bigboi

Bigboi

FNG
Could it also be a another buck that's already kicked his ass a few times?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I thought that right away actually! But I have been hunting the area all year and pretty sure he is the biggest buck in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: