Rx3 or Rx4

I have had great service from Hoyt over the years Troll

Haha troll? Did someone just curve your flatbrim because I said Hoyt CS and QC was trash?? Sure all company’s mess up and it’s how they handle it that sets them apart, they handled the crooked sight plate issue terribly for myself and others. They disassembled my bow to put the sight plate on which makes no sense, forgot to put the spacer back in the top cam and I had 1/8 inch of slop, I had to go back to dealer again. Another one came back to the same dealer, it had an arrow that said up facing down on the new sight plate.

Muley15

Lil-Rokslider
Not being a douche just tired of people chiming in on something irrelevant to the thread. Happens on every forum, every brand. The issue of the sight plate wasn't widespread either.

Last edited:

Brendan

WKR
Might want to lose the ArcheryTalk attitude about it. My opinion, Definitely relevant, definitely widely reported with the RX3, And Hoyt did a shitty job fixing bows for people that were paying top end money.

Couple that with tuning issues on every cam after the Carbon Spyder, and quality that isn't what it used to be. Hell, I had a carbon defiant turbo blow up on me and force me to buy a new bow off the rack so I wouldn't miss a hunt, and I had to send an RX1 back to Hoyt for vibration issues because of shit coming loose on the riser...

I personally like their carbon bows, RX4 is reported to be much better, but they've had more than their share of issues. I'm in the club of waiting until later in the year to make sure issues are worked out.

He was asking about the RX3, how is my experience with the RX3 not relevant? I also had a defiant turbo limbs splinter and come apart with less than 200 shots, luckily the place I bought the bow had a satisfaction guarantee and I grabbed a new one off the rack 2 weeks before opening day.

Muley15

Lil-Rokslider
Any RX3 he would be looking at would have been corrected or have no issue. You decided to tell him your personal feelings and not just say the facts. You gave a typical archery talk response and had to let out your personal opinions which everyone has and keeps to themselves. Do I bring up all the tuning and quality issues I have had with the Bowtechs, Primes and Mathews I have owned in the last few years? RX3 is a good platform that had a sight issue that Hoyt addressed and fixed in the beginning. It effected less than 10% they sold.

Hoyt has alleviated any of the issues on the RX-4 that they might have had with the RX-3 (which were a VERY small percentage).

With that being said, I would go with a RX-3 over an RX-4 simply because there isn't that much of a difference between them and if you can save a big chunk of the money at the same time.

I wouldn't bother with an RX-1 simply because the newer RX-3 and 4 are just that much better of a bow IME.

If we were talking about the prime Mathews etc I’d want to hear about your tuning issues before purchasing one of them. Your obviously a fan of Hoyt and feel like I pissed in your Cheerios. If I’m researching a gun/bow or anything I want to hear the good and the bad. I’ve had 4 hoyts and 2 had issues and CS has sucked. That’s the facts. Both dealers I’ve talked to about this say they are the worst in the industry to deal with as far as warranty. One of which only carries Hoyt/Mathews and said he’d love to drop them but they are super popular with the Keep Hammering Summit flatty wearing MTN ops crowd....

Muley15

Lil-Rokslider
If we were talking about the prime Mathews etc I’d want to hear about your tuning issues before purchasing one of them. Your obviously a fan of Hoyt and feel like I pissed in your Cheerios. If I’m researching a gun/bow or anything I want to hear the good and the bad. I’ve had 4 hoyts and 2 had issues and CS has sucked. That’s the facts. Both dealers I’ve talked to about this say they are the worst in the industry to deal with as far as warranty. One of which only carries Hoyt/Mathews and said he’d love to drop them but they are super popular with the Keep Hammering Summit flatty wearing MTN ops crowd....

Dude your a joke, Im probably the least brand loyal guy when it comes to bows there is. You can go on any forum and here someone like yourself who got butt hurt about something. You shoot elite, guess who my pro shop just dropped because of issues??? There is a story for every brand....

Butt hurt?? 2/4 Hoyt bows I’ve owned were garbage, I have an elite and two primes and owned 2 hoyts and a bowtech in the past 2 years. None of which have had issues aside from the Hoyts. I haven’t liked a newer elite since the energy platform so I went back to it, parts are easy to get but chances are I won’t need it. Your clearly very worked up that someone talked sh** about your Hoyt? I love my primes and could care less if you talk trash about them. I know guys that have got 10 hoyts in 10 years with no issues whatsoever I know a couple who have had issues. Your right it is every brand, I’ve tried several and only had issues with one.

Last edited:

87TT

WKR
Interesting listening to the back and forth and opinions. Still shooting my Pro Defiant, not turbo, not carbon. Works for me as does my PowerMax. I do appreciate hearing about CS issues as well as problems in a product. If I was shopping for a new bow, that would absolutely be helpful.

I tested the rx3 last year but didn't buy it because the back wall was spongy. This year i shot the rx4 and it is more solid with the new mod stops. My rx4 ultra is on order and i cant wait to get it.