Rx3 or Rx4

njcoleman

FNG
Getting a new bow and can’t really decide which to go with. An RX3 or 4. Any suggestions on which one and why?

marktole

WKR
I’d honestly look into a RX-1. The 3 and 4 didn’t do anything for me that the 1 wasn’t doing already. Would be way cheaper to pick up a used RX-1 vs those other two. Just my input, good luck picking something up.

2Stamp

Lil-Rokslider
Does one feel better, balance better, etc, than the other? I honestly can't tell a difference between the two models. Other than I like the feel of the aluminum risers over the carbon. If I were dead set on buying a carbon bow it wouldn't be a Hoyt. My .02.

Brendan

WKR
No way I'd buy an RX3 with the whole crooked sight mount shit show and how they handled it, and no way I'd buy an RX4 until they've been out a little longer after last year.

I'm back to my RX1 Ultra for now after trying a CT5

bat-cave

WKR
I have an RX-1 and just ordered an RX-4 Ultra. The RX-4 does seem quieter than the RX-1, but frankly, they shoot very similarly otherwise. I haven't shot the RX-3. I don't think you could go wrong with any of the 3 (RX-1/RX-3/RX-4) from what I can tell.

Muley15

Lil-Rokslider
RX4 is worth getting and much further refined than the RX3 in my opinion. Better valley and a better back wall. Best bow Hoyt has put out to date for me and I’ve had most of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
Probably not much difference between the RX-3 and 4, but there is a big difference between the RX-1 and 3. Had a chance to shoot both a lot. RX-1 is quite a bit louder, a lot more vibration, and draw cycle is not as smooth. If you can get a deal on an RX-3 I’d go that way. If the 3 is only a few hundred dollars cheaper, go ahead with the 4.

bat-cave

WKR
When my RX-4 comes I will do a test and post what I see difference wise between the RX-1 and RX-4 on my Db meter. The RX-4 did seem quieter ... but will see what difference something less subjective than my ears (Which along with my eyes and brain always want a new bow :) ) proves out.

Muley15

Lil-Rokslider
When my RX-4 comes I will do a test and post what I see difference wise between the RX-1 and RX-4 on my Db meter. The RX-4 did seem quieter ... but will see what difference something less subjective than my ears (Which along with my eyes and brain always want a new bow :) ) proves out.

I would say its going to be a big difference. The RX3 was a lot quieter and the 4 is even quieter than the 3. here is a good video on how quiet the 3 was.

RX3 vs Vertix

I won’t buy Hoyt again after they handled my warranty issues on my RX3, I sold it and replaced with a 2013 E32 and I’m far happier with that than the Hoyt

Muley15

Lil-Rokslider
I can find an example of this with every manufacturer. You went to a company that sold themselves out. Good luck

RazAlGhoul

Lil-Rokslider
Basically the same bow. Same riser nothing new to see here.
Be present in all things you undertake. Be passionate about the people and things you love. Always believe in yourself even when others don't. Afterall what is life without a little salt.

Brendan

WKR
I have had great service from Hoyt over the years Troll

Quit being a douche... Seriously.

There were well documented issues with Hoyt's RX3 risers, well covered on this site and others. Go check the posts and you'll see multiple examples of people ending up with a crooked site mount. And, the way they handled it was pretty garbage.