RX4 Ultra, VXR 31.5, Revolt X, Black 5

I shot all of those and a few others. I ended up going back to the Vertix each time.

Last edited:

lintond

WKR
I think this is a excellent example of why you have to shoot every bow for yourself. Luckily the local shop carries all the major brands. I shot the Black5, VXR 31.5, Evo NXT 33, Axius Ultra, BT Revolt X, and Kure.

All were 70# and 29.5 draw.

VXR was a quick no for me. Draw cycle seemed to feel like it had two peaks which I didn’t like. The Revolt just didn’t feel great. The Evo was smooth and dropped into the valley nicely but it was the slowest. Likely because it doesn’t have as aggressive cam cycle. The Elite was fast but a little aggressive on the draw for me. The prime and Hoyt were my favorite of the six. Speed is less important to me.

Grips...I prefer a smaller grip. I shot the Evo first and didn’t notice the grip size but after shooting the others it seemed fat on the second time through. Hoyt probably has my favorite grip.

The beauty of bows...there is one for every flavor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sf jakey

Lil-Rokslider
Funny how perception is different. I have a VXR 31, love it. I let a friend shoot it this weekend and he said he has never felt an easier draw or shot. He said it felt like shooting a kids bow it was so easy And smooth. I wouldn’t go that far, but he currently shoots a Mathews Chill.

jpe5714

Lil-Rokslider
Shot them all as well and was least impressed with the VXR draw cycle. Felt like I was pulling a lot more weight than the others for a longer amount of time. Really would like Bowtech but don't care for there quality. Ordered the Ultra.
Same thing with me. I shot ALL the flagships and thought the VXR had the stiffest draw, 60lb felt like 70lb. I loved the Hoyt draw, but the back wall was a little spongy. I ended up ordering a Revolt X. I have a Carbon Spyder 34 I'll be selling soon

NME

FNG
Same thing with me. I shot ALL the flagships and thought the VXR had the stiffest draw, 60lb felt like 70lb. I loved the Hoyt draw, but the back wall was a little spongy. I ended up ordering a Revolt X. I have a Carbon Spyder 34 I'll be selling soon
Did you sell the Spyder?