Ryan Callaghan moves to Meateater

I may be a bit behind the curve but I heard a couple of Cal rumors over on the Stache Cache site:

1) Ole Cal is now officially the meateater inc’s Director of Conservation (as of late last year)
2) For Steve Rinellas Birthday today, he is releasing a cover of the 2006 classic “SexyBack” by Justin Timberlake. Rumors suggest that the Stache features prominently in the upcoming music video.

While I will miss him in First Lite promos I assume this means more Cal on the Meateater stuff.

Trial153

WKR
He been doing well keeping info flowing on some legislative issues, for example SB 47.

K

Kootenay Hunter

Old news, but interestly, Rinella, Garcia and Kenyon are listed as pros on the FL site, but Cal has been removed. All are on the meatereater website.

Cal's also on the BoD of BHA.

Meh, it's all incestuous at this point.

prm

WKR
I haven’t figured out the business model of this Meateater empire that has been stood up. Where does the funding come from other than a few podcasts?

Raghornklr

Lil-Rokslider
I haven’t figured out the business model of this Meateater empire that has been stood up. Where does the funding come from other than a few podcasts?

I think it’s money from sponsorship, live events , appearances, merchandise, books, and the television show. I doubt they are going broke moving out on their own.

ODB

WKR

Merchndise and product placement. Ain’t a secret why he wears FL, uses Yeti, Savage, etc etc. oh, and cookbooks. I liked it all better when it was a show and books. Well, the first two were good anyway.

NDGuy

WKR
Merchndise and product placement. Ain’t a secret why he wears FL, uses Yeti, Savage, etc etc. oh, and cookbooks. I liked it all better when it was a show and books. Well, the first two were good anyway.
Any of his stuff is loads better than 90% of the trash you find on TV/internet nowadays concerning the outdoors.

Reactions: ODB

ODB

WKR
Any of his stuff is loads better than 90% of the trash you find on TV/internet nowadays concerning the outdoors.

Didn’t say otherwise. Just said I liked it better when he was in New York and writing books I actually wanted to read. He is the only “famous” hunter I can really watch. Then again, most of my interest lies in pre-war African hunting...go figure...

NDGuy

WKR
Didn’t say otherwise. Just said I liked it better when he was in New York and writing books I actually wanted to read. He is the only “famous” hunter I can really watch. Then again, most of my interest lies in pre-war African hunting...go figure...
Ah I bet you enjoy Peter Capstick books then. Great reads!

ODB

WKR
Ah I bet you enjoy Peter Capstick books then. Great reads!

I started on Capstick when I was 13. Got me going, then I got deep...really deep, and really old...and sometimes really expensive books ...;-). Good stuff...

sneaky

"DADDY"
I started on Capstick when I was 13. Got me going, then I got deep...really deep, and really old...and sometimes really expensive books ...;-). Good stuff...
Does your apartment smell of rich mahogany and many leather bound books? Anchorman coming through again!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ODB

WKR
Does your apartment smell of rich mahogany and many leather bound books? Anchorman coming through again!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ha! Didn’t see the movie, but know the sentiment. Have about 2,000 books...only three are leather bound... ;-)

NDGuy

WKR
idontknow-how-to-put-this-but-sim-kindofabig-deal-memes-17536238.png