RYO harness--loud?

I just got my RYO harness and I feel like it is really loud. The plastic clips rattle, the shock-cord seems excessively stiff and noisy. Im wondering if this is because I ordered the "bushnell" version which was a few dollars cheaper on amazon. It still says "RYO outdoors patent pending" on the packaging but I'm wondering if bushnell is using some cheaper materials. Any body else feel like their RYO harness is loud, or should I try again with the name brand version?

Steve C

Lil-Rokslider
I have several RYO harnesses. None can be considered noisy. Especially with the strap in wearing position with binocular attached.

OP
willfrye027
I have several RYO harnesses. None can be considered noisy. Especially with the strap in wearing position with binocular attached.

I returned the Bushnell one.

Maybe I should buy the brand one and try it again. It seemed like the quick release really rattled, and the shock cord was so stiff and made plenty of noise when the plastic quick release was sliding on it. Enough that it would be unusable in the whitetail woods. Yours doesn’t sound like that huh?

Steve C

Lil-Rokslider
No, compared to my RTO, yours sound like something completely different, same design probably, but no more. I think they are the best design going, unless you want complete bino protection.

OP
willfrye027
Just to follow up, I got the real version and it’s much better. If you’re reading this, don’t get the Bushnell knock-off on amazon it’s terrible

Reactions: prm