S&W M&P 10MM

Coaster

FNG
I've shot a couple hundred rounds in total from Armscore 180 gr. FMJ, Federal Fusion 200 gr. HP and Winchester Silver Tip 175 gr. so far. No issues experienced with any of these.

Deerkilr

FNG
I just ordered a S&W MP 10mm M2.0 that I'm putting a Leupold Deltapoint Pro on top of. Anyone find a good leg holster for this set up?

landman650

Lil-Rokslider
I just ordered a S&W MP 10mm M2.0 that I'm putting a Leupold Deltapoint Pro on top of. Anyone find a good leg holster for this set up?
Funny thing that you mentioned this today. I have an alien gear one coming in this afternoon that's made for a 3.3" M&P 45. This is the closest I've gotten to one without having to go a different route. I'll update this post if it ends up working.

I have the 4" barrel 10mm so it may require a little dremeling the barrel end of the holster to make it work. We'll see.

Last edited:

Deerkilr

FNG
Funny thing that you mentioned this today. I have an alien gear one coming in this afternoon that's made for a 3.3" M&P 45. This is the closest I've gotten to one without having to go a different route. I'll update this post if it ends up working.

I have the 4" barrel 10mm so it may require a little dremeling the barrel end of the holster to make it work. We'll see.

I actually posted a question to Aliengear about an hour ago asking which model they recommended too.

OdinIII

Lil-Rokslider
I actually posted a question to Aliengear about an hour ago asking which model they recommended too.

Ever thought about a chest holster like the Kenai? I’ve tried leg holsters and never could get used to the straps.

evergreenethos

Lil-Rokslider
I prefer a chest rig if there is an optic on the pistol. I was getting snow, pine needles, and all kinds of other debris in the optic when crashing through the woods with the pistol on my thigh.

Deerkilr

FNG
I prefer a chest rig if there is an optic on the pistol. I was getting snow, pine needles, and all kinds of other debris in the optic when crashing through the woods with the pistol on my thigh.
Didn't think of all the debris it could pick up. I'll take a look at them. I've run a leg holster for my 1911 w/o optics and it worked well.

Deerkilr

FNG
Didnt come in tonight. Hope it'll be here tomorrow
I started a chat on the Alien Gear website and the person chatting with me recommended the Cloak Drop leg holster for the 4" barrel. Then to adjust the holster to fit the 4.6". It should ship the 20th. I'll update back when I figure out how to make the adjustments

landman650

Lil-Rokslider
I started a chat on the Alien Gear website and the person chatting with me recommended the Cloak Drop leg holster for the 4" barrel. Then to adjust the holster to fit the 4.6". It should ship the 20th. I'll update back when I figure out how to make the adjustments
Thanks for this. I'm gonna probably send mine back and pick one of those up.

Deerkilr

FNG
Thanks for this. I'm gonna probably send mine back and pick one of those up.
I'll update when I get it in to see if it works. That was the only holster I found that actually had the S&W 10mm M2.0 option, only with the 4" barrel, but I'm feeling pretty positive that it'll work.

Picking mine up tomorrow
Looking forward to getting some rounds through it!
After walking through some grizzly country this spring horn hunting unarmed I decided a 10mm was a good idea
Not sure on holsters. Chest doesn't sound that great most of the time, especially with binos on. Thinking of trying a chest rig and finding something kydex I can mount on my waist belt of pack as well

Deerkilr

FNG
Just got the alien gear holster in. It’s a nice secure fit. Doesn’t feel like the gun will come out while walking or moving around. I did have to order the holster for the 4” barrel where my gun has the 4.6”. It’s not ideal, but I believe it will work.

Attachments

• A13A658B-80E0-4BD1-B5B4-3F715CF39D81.jpeg
    A13A658B-80E0-4BD1-B5B4-3F715CF39D81.jpeg
    326.1 KB · Views: 33
  • D44DD169-5EDE-451A-AF4A-8075F4329263.jpeg
    D44DD169-5EDE-451A-AF4A-8075F4329263.jpeg
    369.3 KB · Views: 33
  • EFD64320-DEC4-42B0-8498-B7A421ED558B.jpeg
    EFD64320-DEC4-42B0-8498-B7A421ED558B.jpeg
    365.3 KB · Views: 34

98XJRC

Lil-Rokslider
If your good with it then it’ll work. I would personally have some reservations about carrying with the slide not fully seated. While highly unlikely I’d be concerned of something getting inside the holster and preventing the slide from going home when drawing. While the chances would be slim it still provides a point of ingress that could lead to a stoppage.

This is me being nit picky though and it may be a non issue.

Deerkilr

FNG
If your good with it then it’ll work. I would personally have some reservations about carrying with the slide not fully seated. While highly unlikely I’d be concerned of something getting inside the holster and preventing the slide from going home when drawing. While the chances would be slim it still provides a point of ingress that could lead to a stoppage.

This is me being nit picky though and it may be a non issue.
I'm going to trim the end that's catching the barrel, and a little to make some room for the sight. I'll post an update when I get that done.

98XJRC

Lil-Rokslider
I'm going to trim the end that's catching the barrel, and a little to make some room for the sight. I'll post an update when I get that done.

Great idea. Honestly these M&P 10mm have me intrigued. I love my M&P 2.0 5" in 9mm, although it honestly doesn't get enough love. I need to get ahold of one of these in 10mm for a woods gun.

Deerkilr

FNG
Great idea. Honestly these M&P 10mm have me intrigued. I love my M&P 2.0 5" in 9mm, although it honestly doesn't get enough love. I need to get ahold of one of these in 10mm for a woods gun.
I've only put a mag through it so far, but it definitely impressed me. I have the M&P Shield 2.0 in 9mm and it's about the most accurate pistol I've ever shot. Hit a watermelon a few weeks ago at 85 yards with it.