S&W M&P 10MM

weave

FNG
Finally, after months of waiting, I got the issues with my new 4" 9mm compact sorted out with S&W (full gun replacement) and the new AGIS ELITE from Tier 1 came yesterday.

Both the 9mm and 10mm fit the holster with no retention adjustments required when swapping between them. While the firearms fit well, the 10mm mag will NOT fit the sidecar for the 9mm. Right now there is no option for that from T1C.

Note: T1C currently does NOT offer a holster for the 10mm so I am using this understanding that this is done at my own risk. You should also make your own decision as if this would work for you or not. I only speak for myself and what worked for me.

Here are the "twins". Solid black is 10mm and the FDE/Black is the 9mm

Attachments

• IMG_6005.jpeg
    IMG_6005.jpeg
    445 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_6006.jpeg
    IMG_6006.jpeg
    683.6 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_6007.jpeg
    IMG_6007.jpeg
    695 KB · Views: 49

Estiva

FNG
I have been waiting for S&W to come out with this for years. I've owned dozens of Glocks and dozens of S&Ws. All of mine, in both manufacturers and all calibers have been 100% reliable. The implementation of the M&P into the market were a huge improvement over the Glock, in my opinion. Yes, I still own many Glocks and still love them. I just like everything about the M&P better. I have owned Glock 20s and 29s since they came out and still do. I was thrilled when Springfield came out with the 10MM and I liked it better. I couldn't dump my Glocks as I'm too attached to them. However, walking around in the mountains, it's my XDm in my chest holster. It has proven reliable after a couple of years and a couple of thousand rounds.

My hopes are that the M&P is as reliable as the Glocks and the Springfield because the M&P has always been a better alternative for me than the Glock or the Springfield.
For me, it came down to the Glock G20 or the S&W M&P 2.0, both in 10MM. Although I appreciate the dependabilty and the plethora of accessories available on the Glock, I chose the S&W. The M&P 2.0 has a much better grip, both in ergonomics and the aggressive "shark skin" surface. Plus, the M&P just feels more substantial and modern. I also prefer to buy American. M&P 10.jpgTo me, Glocks always look like they were carved out of a bar of soap. I've put about 100 rounds through it so far using Cabela's house brand Herter's (made by Winchester), it has been extremely accurate and has cycled flawlessly.

michihunt

Lil-Rokslider
Bringing this back up. Any more feedback? I seem to say a surprising amount of questionable reviews with the underwood/Buffalo bore hard cast type ammo. I really like the feel of these as that’s what my other pistols are but questionable reliability is giving me pause.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chadcharb

Lil-Rokslider
Bringing this back up. Any more feedback? I seem to say a surprising amount of questionable reviews with the underwood/Buffalo bore hard cast type ammo. I really like the feel of these as that’s what my other pistols are but questionable reliability is giving me pause.

I have a ton of rounds through mine. Cheap fmj all the way up to underwood 220 hard cast. I have had zero feeding issues.

evergreenethos

Lil-Rokslider
Evergreenthos,

Did you ever get around to comparing the two with the chrono? Curious if the difference is negligible or not.

Not yet, we are in the middle of a move but hope to find some time to do that soon after we are settled in the new place

StillBald

FNG
Apparently any M&P45 2.0 holster will work.
I can't recall if it was on Reddit or where, but I've heard of a few 45 2.0 holsters being a bit snug for the 10mm and some fitting perfectly, so double check before ordering.

Also, Vedder was the other brand I was thinking of, they just recently added in some 10mm options for at least some of their models.

weave

FNG
anyone find an IWB holster for these?
I ordered a Tier 1 for my 2.0 9mm and both the 9 and 10 fit perfectly, with no retention issues. Only issue I have is finding an extra mag carrier. I have their OWB and IWB and am extremely pleased with both.

I hunted all season with the 10mm pistol in the 9mm OWB holster with zero issue. That includes riding ATV, climbing into stands, hanging stands, walking in and out of woods, etc. It never moved unless I unholstered it.

While T1 will not say it works, I have two and they work.

weave

FNG
Anyone hunting with their 10mm? If so, what ammo are you using for whitetail sized game?

clperry

Lil-Rokslider
I have a sr1911 in 10mm I’ve killed several whitetail with. Underwood 165 good dots have worked very well.