Sable hunting in Russia

Vladimir

FNG
The most valuable fur-bearing animal in Siberia is the Sable. I want to share my experience of hunting it. It is not found anywhere except in Siberia. Hunting for it opens in the second half of October or early
November
Sable is extracted in two ways. The first with working dogs huskies. Second, using solovushek traps, colemak. This is a real taiga
commercial hunting. Dogs are hunted until there is a lot of snow, and the dogs can't move on it, this is
drive the animal on derovo and keep it until the hunter approaches. Such dogs are worth their weight in gold. Along the way, they hunt squirrels with Sables.
It is also sought and driven up a tree and barks, as well as sable. The hunter remains to approach and take the animal with an accurate shot. This hunt is interesting and emotional.
The hunter is constantly on the move, exploring different places, learning something new, gets a big boost of energy by getting the animal.
When there is a lot of snow and the dog can not move, it will be reborn into traps. This is a trap trade. This is also very interesting, you need to set the traps correctly.
And it is very interesting to check them and wonder at the tricks of the Sables. Here who will outplay whom. This very develops the hunter you need to use your wits.
Along the way, hunting Sable and checking traps, you get animals such as capercaillie grouse, grouse and others. You can go skiing or Snowmobiling on putiki,
если вы сделали дорогу для него заранее.

Attachments

• 046.JPG
    046.JPG
    225.2 KB · Views: 244
  • 044.JPG
    044.JPG
    210.5 KB · Views: 251
  • 056.JPG
    056.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:

BAKPAKR

WKR
Welcome to the forum. That sounds like an interesting hunt. I have seen two martens in Idaho. They were inquisitive and had an almost feline appearance. I think trapping is the only way to get them there.

OP
Vladimir

Vladimir

FNG
Thank you friends hunters for kind words. Hello from Russia

OP
Vladimir

Vladimir

FNG
Welcome to the forum. That sounds like an interesting hunt. I have seen two martens in Idaho. They were inquisitive and had an almost feline appearance. I think trapping is the only way to get them there.
Yes, the trap is common, but if the husky works on sable, then this dog is protected. It is exciting to hunt with a dog in the taiga. Sable and Marten are brothers) the difficulty of production.
Sable hunting is a very time-consuming activity. Its population is small, and the animal itself is cautious and secretive. It lives in hard-to-reach places with a harsh climate, almost 90% of which are located on the territory of Russia. The most valuable is the Barguzinsky sable, which lives in the area of lake Baikal. Trapping fur animals lasts 3 months: from October to December. Breeding in the conditions of animal farms requires considerable maintenance costs, but the skins of Sables grown in captivity are inferior in quality to those obtained in nature. The increase in livestock is very slow, which also increases the cost of sable fur.

High wear resistance.
The wearability of fur is one of the most important indicators that affect the cost of the product. In sable fur, it is one of the highest — almost 95%. For comparison, this indicator for lynx fur is 80%, for European mink-50-55%, and for chinchilla-only 20%. Sable hairs are very tightly attached to the skin and are practically not subject to loss. Sable fur coats with careful wear and proper care serve their owners for 10-15 years, without losing their original appearance.

Features of fur.
When evaluating the quality of the sable skin, the density, softness and Shine of the pile, the length of the remaining hair, and the density of the undercoat are taken into account. High-end fur looks luxurious. It is lush, silky and very light, perfectly retains heat. Sable fur coats flow in soft folds, Shine and shimmer with different shades, surrounding the owner with a magical aura.

Color palette.
The color of sable fur varies from light beige to dark chocolate, almost black. Experts distinguish 7 main shades. The color of the sable skin significantly affects its value: dark shades are much more expensive than light ones. This is due to the fact that dark Sables are much less common in nature and are more difficult to breed in captivity. High-quality fur is rarely tinted: the natural colors of sable are magnificent in their natural beauty. Reporting is used mainly for light skins to make them more juicy shades.

The presence of gray hair.
The most valuable is considered to be gray or silver sable. Gray hair is called the presence of silver-white hairs in its skin. It is found only in animals extracted in natural conditions, so this fur is valued much higher. The amount of gray hair is different, professionals divide sable skins into 5 levels: in the first only up to 10% of light hairs, and in the fifth — up to 50%. The price of sable fur varies 4-5 times, respectively. Products of the 5th level of silver are rarely on sale, because of the high cost, manufacturers prefer to sew them to order.People come from other countries to live in a hut in the taiga and experience the real Russian taiga hunting. Where the result of hunting depends on you and there are no villages within a radius of 100 kilometers, and around the taiga and winter. These are the most expensive trophies you get in the wild.

ozyclint

WKR
i have long been fascinated by Russia. what gets me the most is the sheer scale of the vastness of the wilderness there. i thought Australia was a vast continent, however it is nothing compared to Russia.

would love to visit Kamchatka one day or anywhere in eastern Russia.

OP
Vladimir

Vladimir

FNG
i have long been fascinated by Russia. what gets me the most is the sheer scale of the vastness of the wilderness there. i thought Australia was a vast continent, however it is nothing compared to Russia.

would love to visit Kamchatka one day or anywhere in eastern Russia.
Our homeland is huge our ancestors constantly fought for it. Even more interesting is our true story, which is hidden. I read the Santi Vedas of Perun of our ancestors in translation for more than 40,000 years. This is one of the oldest Slavic Aryan . Santi is a plate of precious metal that does not corrode, which is inscribed with ancient xa-Aryan runes. They were preserved by our Orthodox old believers passing from generation to generation I was startled. Be sure to come we Rus love guests.

Last edited:
OP
Vladimir

Vladimir

FNG
Yes, I like it very much and this is the real truth. Here are the other parts of it.
Welcome and thanks for sharing how you hunt in Russia.

That film is awesome! Watched it several times.
Yes, I like it very much and this is the real truth. Here are the other parts of it.

Nykki

Lil-Rokslider
Worked in Russia for 5 years, two in the town of Usinsk in the Komi republic in 95 and 96.Three years on Sakhalin island 04-06. Never got into Siberia, Vladivostok was as close as I got. Wanted a Sable hat but ended up with a Mink one instead. I really enjoyed my time working with the Russian people.

OP
Vladimir

Vladimir

FNG
Worked in Russia for 5 years, two in the town of Usinsk in the Komi republic in 95 and 96.Three years on Sakhalin island 04-06. Never got into Siberia, Vladivostok was as close as I got. Wanted a Sable hat but ended up with a Mink one instead. I really enjoyed my time working with the Russian people.
you hunt in Komi? There are a lot of forests and animals. And the cap of the sable is not a problem it can make.

Nykki

Lil-Rokslider
you hunt in Komi? There are a lot of forests and animals. And the cap of the sable is not a problem it can make.
I didn't get to hunt there, I was working on an oil spill in 95 and 96 we were closely watched and were not allowed to travel much. Had much more freedom to move around on Sakhalin island but was several years later

Marmots

Lil-Rokslider
My Mom is a a professional artist who specializes in oil paintings and watercolor.

She always used brushes made out of Russian wild-caught kolinsky and sable. Apparently Siberian furs make the best paintbrushes on earth.

I was always fascinated by the brushes as a child, and I think growing up around them is a big reason that I became so fascinated with pine Marten and started trapping them here in Idaho.

It's very cool to see your trap sets. I really appreciate you sharing them. It's a lifelong dream of mine to trap in Russia for a season.

OP
Vladimir

Vladimir

FNG
My Mom is a a professional artist who specializes in oil paintings and watercolor.

She always used brushes made out of Russian wild-caught kolinsky and sable. Apparently Siberian furs make the best paintbrushes on earth.

I was always fascinated by the brushes as a child, and I think growing up around them is a big reason that I became so fascinated with pine Marten and started trapping them here in Idaho.

It's very cool to see your trap sets. I really appreciate you sharing them. It's a lifelong dream of mine to trap in Russia for a season.
I've heard of sable brushes. But I'm far from drawing. If you know how to catch a marten, then you will also catch sables. To spend the sable hunting season, you need to prepare well. Do you use valerian when fishing for marten? This set of traps is not mine. I also learned from hunters when I was young. And I tried to experiment with catching sable. You know, if you dream, you will definitely spend it. If I can help you in any way, please contact me. This year I did not go to Siberia to catch sables. But I caught a few martens at home. I trained the dogs and hunted more on the big animal bear elk and I was lucky enough to get a wolf. We were putting flags around a pack of wolves. And one male came out on me.