Sad ending to an epic buck

907to406

Lil-Rokslider
So I went to drop off my Missouri Breaks mule deer at the taxidermist and got to BSing with the taxidermist whom is an old friend. He said hey I got something you'll get a kick out of. He proceeded to open his freezer and pull out the largest mule deer I've ever put my hands on or even laid eyes on in real life. He said it taped out to 210" but didn't confirm that.

Story has it a guy was taking his daughter to sight in her rifle earlier in the year and saw what looked to be a fork sticking up out of the ditch so he turned around to find this deer laying there. Apparently it was a pretty complicated ordeal to get possession of the deer since it was literally found right on the Montana/North Dakota state line but it all worked out and the guy got to keep it. Just thought it was too cool not to share with you guys. It always bums me out to hear about a monarch like this dying from getting hit on a road but such is life. Rumor has it the deer had been seen numerous times while still alive running around with an even bigger buck and another buck similar in size.

In all honesty the picture doesn't even do it justice...

Attachments

• IMG_2751.jpg
    IMG_2751.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 536