Sad News From Olympus

NO!!!! They are not.
Olympus is selling their camera division to the largest, healthiest Japanese hedge fund. They specialize in electronics companies and every company they bought has thrived. Olympus will be coming out with more lenses and cameras before the end of the year. Don't just go by headlines.

Since February Olympus has had #1 market share for mirrorless cameras in Japan. In the US they are growing at the expense of the other companies.
They are specializing in outdoor and astro photography and recently launched the new Pen E-PL, geared towards women. There is NO other company that offers-an all weather camera with interchangeable lenses that are also weatherproof with a range (in 35mm terms) of mm that also has 5 axis image stabilization for under $2000. Olympus has one for $899.99, the E-M5 Mark II kit and the E-M5 Mark 3 kit for $1399.99 and on both we discount for Rokslide members off of those prices. Sony would be well over $2000, Canon over $3000 and Nikon about the same.
Olympus is marketing now to Hunters, birders, campers and general outdoorsmen.
Their new Wilderness 3 lens kit that includes 3 Pro lenses :7-14mm, 40-150mm and 300mm and your choice of a free E-M1 Mark 2, 3 or E-M1x, has become a huge hit. Everything is small, reasonable compared to the competition and weatherproof. FYI, the Olympus 300mm F4 in the kit is equivelant to a 600mm F4 if full frame. It sells for $2749 alone. The Nikon 600 F4 is $12,300.00, the Canon and Sony are both $12,999.00 and more then twice the size

Feel free to call me about Olympus or any other brand. Olympus is not going anywhere but up!!!

sneaky

"DADDY"
I guess if you're in the market for something other than full frame they are a player, but I'm not. Time will tell how the hedge fund managers do with them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The funds track record is stellar and with the changes Olympus put in place within the last year they can follow Sony. Remember there was no Sony cameras until they bought Minolta years ago, made mirrorless using the old "A" mount and then came out with Full Frame and after a few short years made them #1 Full frame in the USA for the last 30 months.

This was posted on face book, not by me, and it really tells what is happening in the business world:

Volvo is owned by Geely from China. Jaguar is owned by Tata Motor, India. Opel is owned by General Motors, USA. Mini is owned by BMW, Germany. Harley Davidson is owned by Kawasaki, Japan. Lamborghini is owned by Volkswagen, Germany. Nikon is owned by Mitsubishi. Then why get so incredibly emotional if Olympus will be owned by JIP? Companies are sold and bought every day. That´s the way it works. It is not a doomsday. You can still take great images. And nobody knows anything about tomorrow so why get so anxious and emotional about a business acquisition? I have a new Evinrude boat motor. They just announced that they will stop manufacturing Evinrudes anymore. Now that is something to be sad about. They are getting out of business. Period. I would have been extremely happy if another company would have bought Evinrude. Now somebody believes in Olympus and buys it. Great!

ghostrider272

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the inside story Joel! Wishing I had bought the Olympus last fall instead of the Sony from you guys... LOL

OP
C

Clarkdale17

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the inside info and clarification Joel. Only time will tell where Olympus ends up in the future. Hopefully, as you said nowhere but up