Saddle - How do you carry your sticks?

BTT

FNG
Hi everyone,

I am new to saddle hunting. Was curious to see how you carry your climbing sticks up the tree as you go? Do you have a DIY trick to hang sticks off your saddle?

TN2shot07

WKR
My first two steps I usually put on from the ground, then one of these on each side of my belt. These are amsteel loops they sell on Etsy but any rope would work1A801FB6-E1CA-40FA-AD35-178D8400791F.jpeg

OP
B

BTT

FNG
Oh nice, I use the same sticks I think. The Hawk Helium. Thanks for the tip and picture. There are so many little tricks I'm trying to learn in my first year using a saddle.

Vrybusy

Lil-Rokslider
I use 1/8 bungee cord with it girth hitched around one of the molle loops on the saddle. Just run the open loop of the bungee cord around the button as in the above pic. I like the bungee as it is forgiving, and when you make the loop the correct size (you only need a very small piece) it stays on the button even if you bump the stick on a climb. Equally, if you catch the stick on the tree or a limb, the bungee is forgiving. 1/8" bungee material is very inexpensive...Amazon. Good Luck!

rmmoose

FNG
molle loop hooks on my saddle and a short piece of paracord when i'm climbing, to pack them, i have lone wolf sticks that I stack and then lash to my backpack. looking for a better packing system though.

Netherman

WKR
^^^same for me.

jwatts

WKR
I have a Tethrd HYS strap that I use on the tree to hold my bow and pack. When I get to the tree, I put this around my waist like a belt and used carabiners to attach my sticks to the HYS strap around my waist.

1633213580986.png

beejwest

FNG
I carry mine in on my pack, attached with those giant rubber twisty ties. While climbing (I use 3 sticks with an aider) the extra sticks hang from a loop of 550 girthed to my Saddle.

Kegan603

FNG
I just painted some coghlans gear anchors (they are initially little red clips that just hang from cord or webbing and have 2 swiveling semi circles to hold gear and have two little monkey arms facing out to hang on already set cord or webbing,- I don’t know, best description I can make) and hang those from a webbing loop on saddle with some sort of cord on stick. That way I can hang whatever and then reuse it for when I hang gear at height on tree. They were like $4 with 6-8 hangers and two little cord lock contraptions to lock cord without tying and also a ridiculous amount of some bright red rope. I also just set my first stick on ground hang second stick off step of first and attach my stick with top mount platform to saddle.

i used "S" clips to my saddle and a loop of cord tied to the top of my lone wolf sticks. now im using XOP sticks and i made a sling for the last stick since they lock together i take them outta pack throw sling over my shoulder and take off one stick at a time as im going up

I strap my mini beast sticks together with a Titans strap. Then attach them to my kifaru shape charge under the Sherman pocket and then my platform to the out of the Sherman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk