Saddle Hunting - Bio?

wildernessmaster

Lil-Rokslider
Maybe an obvious question, but I want to make sure I am not missing the non obvious...

So how do you do bio needs when saddle hunting (Number 1 & 2)?

1. I know the obvious is to climb down... But that is noisy and takes time away where deer can slip by.
2. I have looked over my harness thoroughly and there is no trap door or emergency hatch I am missing...

:)

Do people wear diapers? Do you just liquid/meal moderate so you don't have to? I am huge coffee drinker - need at least 3 cups on an early morning - and I think I would end up hallucinating if I had to forego!

Last edited:

John pettimore

Lil-Rokslider
#1, just stand up and go if I have to but avoid it if possible. #2, I don’t need to normally. If no choice I am climbing down.

I'm sure everyone is thinking it so I'll just say it. Summit Vipper climbing stand with a shooting rail. Just hang over and let it fly. Watch your step when you get down.

@

Have a buddy that had a bad experience trying to get down when the bubble guts set in. He doesn't put his steps nearly so far apart anymore.

Saddle hunting may not be for you if #2 is a daily in the stand ritual. Climbing down is literally the only safe option.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
wildernessmaster

wildernessmaster

Lil-Rokslider
Saddle hunting may not be for you if #2 is a daily in the stand ritual. Climbing down is literally the only safe option.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I like the diaper idea.... :)

Not a daily stand ritual, but have had some bubble gut experiences when I have been in stands.

OP
wildernessmaster

wildernessmaster

Lil-Rokslider
#1 you just lean over and make sure everything clears.

#2 you are going to be climbing down.
Don't you put your gear at the base of the tree... How do you avoid peeing on your stuff? Or maybe you have superman pee streams and can shoot it 100 yards.

woods89

WKR
Don't you put your gear at the base of the tree... How do you avoid peeing on your stuff? Or maybe you have superman pee streams and can shoot it 100 yards.
No, all my gear comes into the tree with me. All I have to worry about are my climbing sticks. I just twist around and lean away, taking the wind into consideration, of course! I suppose I could lengthen my bridge or tree rope if I needed to get away from the tree more but I don't think I've ever had to.

I'm using a New Tribe Aero Hunter so I can't speak for the intricacies of other saddles.

OP
wildernessmaster

wildernessmaster

Lil-Rokslider
No, all my gear comes into the tree with me. All I have to worry about are my climbing sticks. I just twist around and lean away, taking the wind into consideration, of course! I suppose I could lengthen my bridge or tree rope if I needed to get away from the tree more but I don't think I've ever had to.

I'm using a New Tribe Aero Hunter so I can't speak for the intricacies of other saddles.
Ah the wind a good point... I guess that's why they say don't spit into the wind :)

Dave0317

Lil-Rokslider
I see this in pics all the time. What are y’all bringing that you don’t need/can’t bring up the tree? Maybe a frame pack to bring meat out?
Everything I bring into the woods generally comes up the tree with me.

DudeBro

Lil-Rokslider
#1 I bring a bottle to avoid leaving the ground scent.

#2 Force out a pre-game poo before heading into the woods. Climb down if necessary.

I have the Recon Sling so technically I could drop a duce but I’ve only had to do that once in over 15 years from a stand so only time will tell...

woods89

WKR
I see this in pics all the time. What are y’all bringing that you don’t need/can’t bring up the tree? Maybe a frame pack to bring meat out?
Everything I bring into the woods generally comes up the tree with me.
I think I've had a DT1 hanging off a hook in the tree before.............