Saddle Hunting - Knee Pads

BKhunter

WKR
Anyone have any recommendations on Knee pads to use while saddle hunting? I was thinking of using the Kuiu Pro pants since they have built in pads but wanted to get some opinions.

NYSKIER

WKR
I just use plain volleyball kneepads and they same to work great. I'd check out saddlehunter.com forums you'll find tons of threads on this

mikkel318

Lil-Rokslider
I use the Sitka Timberline Pants with kneepads and they are awesome. You can layer bibs over them or a couple layers of wool underneath.

Jn78

Lil-Rokslider
I dont know if the kuiu pants have changed, but I bought a pair six or seven ago and the knee pads were not substantial.

Nillion

Lil-Rokslider
I don't saddle hunt, but Arcteryx makes the best kneepads I've ever used. I've used them while running, jumping, slidding, just about any type of movement and they stay put and protect my knees well.

Marshmi

FNG
The arcteryx caps are really nice quality and seem super durable. Held off for a while because of the price but I’m glad I finally pulled the trigger!

My Arcteryx caps are arriving in a few days. If you need some quickly though it'll be hard because they're basically out of stock everywhere and backordered for months.

Storenut

FNG
I’ve just used volleyball knee pads in the past. They can get water soaked in a heavy rain, but they also can be worn under rain gear. I’ve put some duck tape over them before depending on the type of tree bark as the pad/cloth can sometimes stick to the bark.

Last edited:

Kjackgold

FNG
I have a pair of pants with the built in knee pads. They are not designed to be used for extended periods of time. The integrated knee pads are great if you are going to crawl for a few min or take a knee to glass. Get yourself some type of strap on knee pad.