Saddle Hunting Setup

Kade94

Lil-Rokslider
I’m looking for a backpack or pack setup that I can use to carry my 4 Mini Sticks, and my Platform. I’d also be carrying my normal hunting gear, grunt, gloves, range finder, rattling horns, etc. I’ve looked into the CAYS by Trophyline, the Tenzing Lumbar Pack. Any suggestions would be helpful? This would be used on mainly public but some private land as well. I’m not real looking for one of those big hiking style packs.

GatorGar247

Lil-Rokslider
I've tried a few different packs but most seem to collapse allowing my sticks and platform to rattle. I'm using the eblerstock x2 now . It has a small frame . I'm able to keep everything tight with plenty of room for my other gear..

Rick653

FNG
I think it depends on if you're only going to use that pack for saddle hunting. For only saddle hunting I think an internal frame pack would be ideal. If you plan on frequently doing back pack hunts you should with a system that had an external frame and the ability to swap bags

+1 for the Eberlestock X2. Packs the platform and sticks very well. I know you said you didn't want the "big backpacking" style packs, but I also like to use my Kifaru Stryker XL with a Sherman pocket.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

stump06

WKR
Eberlestock X2 is popular, badlands too. I'm using the kuiu venture pack this year. I had a Kifaru bane with Sherman last year but I'd like a little more room.
You'll find a lot of different answers to your question.
There's a thread on saddlehunter.com discussing packs guys are using this year. A lot of cool info and pics there

JimGa

Lil-Rokslider
If one sticking in warm weather about anything will work, if using multiple steps, platform and warm clothes you'll want a frame. Not sure if it's perfect, but I used a Pintler last year and will again this year.

I just got into saddle hunting and on the backpack quest. Saddlehunter.com does have a good thread on the packs and what folks use. I used the X2 pack for several seasons and it was an awesome pack for hauling in stand, sticks and clothing. Two issues for me were when it was cold getting into the pack was like crunching a bag of potato chips and the harness was not adjustable so I could never get it just right. If those two things were remedied I may buy it again.
Something to consider is private or public land and how your local laws regulate the removal of the deer from the field. Some places allow an animal to be quartered leaving bones etc. in the field, some places require the entire animal to be hauled out except the guts. Do you need meat hauling capability or not. That’s the issue I found myself with currently for public land - entire deer must be hauled out except the guts.

Sendit88

FNG
I have the Cabela's elite scout for two years carries platform and sticks just fine and comfortable

I have the mystery ranch pop up 28. But I just use the frame mostly, I definitely don't need a frame for the little weight I'm carrying but its nice not having anything dig into my back.