Saddle pannier help

BenHankins

Lil-Rokslider
What’s a good saddle pannier to use to hold a yeti hopper style cooler? I plan on setting up a base camp and keeping the big cooler at base camp and then going on 1-3 day mini trips and carry the small hopper style cooler. Thanks for any advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

macjensen

FNG
What style hopper are you using? I was going to order two of the 30 quart coolers that fit the dimensions of the panniers were using but I am hesitant of the magnetic closure on the new style hopper. You have any experience with this since you made your post?

Have you looked into AO canvas coolers? A lot cheaper, hold up well, and will keep your food/drinks cold. I used one this year here in Wyoming and the frozen food stayed that way for 3 days. Once we got to our spike camp I just put the whole cooler in the creek right next to the beer😉

WCB

WKR
haven't used their saddle pannier but have used Montana Canvas Pack Panniers and have no complaints packing camp or animals with them. I wouldn't see why their saddle version would be any different.

codym

WKR
I used the Davis bl325’s this year and they are hands down my favorite saddle pannier. Built really well, tons of stamps to help secure a top pack and covert to use with a sawbuck or decker.

CF-Farmer

FNG
Ours are out of Iron Cloth and big for coolers. They make several sizes. Different companies sell them. I prefer the Iron Cloth over canvas for durability.

macjensen

FNG
What style hopper are you using? I was going to order two of the 30 quart coolers that fit the dimensions of the panniers were using but I am hesitant of the magnetic closure on the new style hopper. You have any experience with this since you made your post?
update regarding these coolers. Did 10 days in the back country and both 30qt yeti hoppers worked extremely well. They fit in the bear boxes as well. Even though it was cold out the coolers kept everything frozen.

OP
BenHankins

BenHankins

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry guys. No one replied to this for a while and I forgot to come back and check it. I already went on my hunt and just roughed it eating freeze dried meals and spam lol. Next year if I get to go again I would like to take some real food, I believe in comfort when hunting. Thanks for the responses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk