Safari tuff, arrowmaster quiver with lumbar pack?

bobinmi

WKR
I started shooting my bow without an attached quiver and I like the way it feels enough that I retuned new arrows and I'm not going to use a bow quiver for this one. I'm looking at options and I'm debating between a catquiver and the safari tuff. I prefer the arrowmaster design but typically I bring more stuff into the treestand than I can hold in that pocket. I really like my kifaru scout and I'm wondering if anyone has worn the arrowmaster with a lumbar pack and how did everything ride?

LostArra

WKR
I also have a Scout and an Arrowmaster-like quiver. It's tolerable just walking to a treestand but I really don't like one more thing hanging off my shoulders (pack, quiver, bino harness) so I'm still using a bow quiver but will sometimes remove it when I get to the stand. The bow quiver is more convenient for me because I use a different arrow for the occasional hog or squirrel opportunity and a bow quiver allows quicker arrow swap.

There is no perfect solution to non bow mounted quivers, in my opinion. I like how a bow balances without the quiver, but I will always hunt (and therefore practice) with a bow quiver. The best non bow quiver solution I ever found was a hip mounted quiver. You might look at Thunderhorn. They have one that can be worn with a pack, as it just clips onto the belt.

Wrench

WKR
Another option is something like my creek walker. It detaches silently in 10 seconds and could easily be attached to a tree limb or the stand.

20200913_044340.jpg

OP
B

bobinmi

WKR
Thats a slick looking setup Wrench, I've thought about modifying one of my bowquivers into something like a GFA side quiver as well. That one looks like it would work well for that.

wytx

WKR
I've used an older Kwickee Kwiver Sidewinder with a 5 arrow quiver and it worked quite well. I could easily slide the quiver off my hip when needed .