Safety Harness for use with climbing sticks

Rokwiia

WKR
I've never used climbing sticks before and am only going a limited distance (6'-7') up a tree to put a trail cam. I'm looking to get a safety harness system to help prevent a fall even at this short distance.

Can you recommend a Company that makes a safety harness and strap system that I can buy. Muddy seems to be one name, and I'm sure there are others, but having never used a safety harness and strap before, I wouldn't know which one to choose.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thank you.

OP
Rokwiia

Rokwiia

WKR
Is there a one-stop shopping place to go where I can get a lineman's harness, lineman's belt, carabiners, and everything else I'd need? I'm not interested in Amazon.

tp308

Lil-Rokslider
Everything you want is on camofire.com com tonight... still available if you hurry

OP
Rokwiia

Rokwiia

WKR
Monumentally overkill for hanging a camera one stick high.
Tree climbing is new to me and something I know nothing about. Can you suggest a setup that isn't an overkill that would allow me to get 6' off the ground to hang a trailcam?

007hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Is this harness just for hanging cameras or will you hunt with it? If it’s just for cameras, the cheapest one you can find with a lineman’s rope will do. If you will hunt with it, make sure it’s a good fit and is comfortable. Check out Hunter Safety Systems as well.

OP
Rokwiia

Rokwiia

WKR
Is this harness just for hanging cameras or will you hunt with it? If it’s just for cameras, the cheapest one you can find with a lineman’s rope will do. If you will hunt with it, make sure it’s a good fit and is comfortable. Check out Hunter Safety Systems as well.
Just for hanging a trailcam. That's it. I will not hunt with it.

Btaylor

WKR
Tree climbing is new to me and something I know nothing about. Can you suggest a setup that isn't an overkill that would allow me to get 6' off the ground to hang a trailcam?
First a linemans setup is not fall restraint, it is to hold a position for hands free work. With that said, a length of 1" tubular webbing with water knots in both ends will work for the belt portion and could be fed through you belt loops on you pants. Then you need a length of climb rope of your choice, 2 climbing carabiners and a short piece of smaller diameter rope to add a prussic. Something like 8mm Oplux for your linemans rope and 6mm sterling trc for the prussic would work great. With that setup you could feed the "belt" through your pants belt loops and tuck the rest in you back pocket. All of those pieces are climb rated but would make a super light and super small setup that would cost less than half the cost of the ropeman by itself. You can get everything I mentioned from Eastern Woods Outdoors or comparable components can be found lots of places like REI.

One Helium stick would be my choice as far as sticks go based on function, length, double steps and price.

scfreeman66

Lil-Rokslider
This is my set up for anytime I'm in a tree. Black Diamond Vario rock climbing harness and a Muddy lineman rope. Lasso the rope around the tree and clip the caribeaner in at the belt buckle location. It's super simple and takes seconds to do. It's very comfortable and weighs next to nothing. You won't even notice it being on. I've tried everything and this is the only harness that checked all of the boxes for me.
b2bee6a58752815db1c7ee85d34101c4.jpg
5fb9308ec85f3f47bab7a37a5fd99c8b.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using Tapatalk