Safety line placement tips

For bow hunting with a climber: Any tips on where to place my safety line on the tree? I’m using a climber with a HSS harness with a rope tree strap. It’s fine if I’m shooting to the front, but to the sides or behind me it gets in the way sometimes. My back draw arm gets caught in the strap. Do y’all try to put the tether as far up as possible or lower down

OP
Y
Are you using a climber? Do you run a tree strap up the tree above your top platform like you would with a full body harness?

dtrkyman

WKR
I do use it with a climber, hooked to a rope with a prussic knot, I have clips that attach the rope to the climber belt so the rope goes up with the top of the climber.

Otherwise I used to just slide the rope up as I went, not hard but sometimes snags on bark.

With a regular safety harness would run it up higher to avoid interference. But that is one of the reason I switched to the rock climbing harness.

LostArra

WKR
I do use it with a climber, hooked to a rope with a prussic knot, I have clips that attach the rope to the climber belt so the rope goes up with the top of the climber.
Could you post a pic of these "clips" attached to the stand?
I use a rock climbing harness and slide the rope but would like a better way.