Sold Sako 85 Custom Proof McMillan 300 wsm

Status
Not open for further replies.

zog

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
300 wsm Sako 85 SM Proof Barrel and McMillan Stock. This rifle began life as a Finnlight and I love the Sako actions so I upgraded the barrel and stock. It's not so light anymore but for 300 mag I don't want too light of a rifle anyway.

Proof barrel number 112762. 24" 9 twist. 1.13 shank diameter for Sako

Barrel and brake installed in 2020 by Rocky's gunworks in Bozeman MT - I broke it in as per Proof's shoot/clean instructions just to be sure.

20 rounds shot through new barrel. Rifle has lived in a safe and never shot for two years since then.

Stock custom from McMillan - A3 Adj Game Warden.

My 100 yd groups tightened after the conversions from just under an inch as a Finnlight with Swarovski 3-10 to just over 1/2" with this Zeiss 3-18. There's a lot that goes into groups as everybody knows . . . heavier rifle, different scope, new barrel, new stock, different days, and most importantly the human behind the scope. These are with Winchester Silvertip 150 gr.

A little disclosure - The rifle does live up to the legendary Sako quality as expected - I'm so impressed with it that I bought two other Sako 85's. But - It also lives up to the ejection problem people have discussed, with the larger Zeiss scope in the photos. Some shells hit and bounce back in when I don't cycle aggressively. It never happened with the smaller Swarovski 3-10 though.

I have about $1800 on top of the original rifle value into this.

PRICE dropped from 2500 to $2300 and open to offers. Bare rifle as shown plus actual shipping. Scope not available.

Low price is due to need to sell quickly, not because there is a problem with the rifle.

No trades, sorry.

I don't check computer often - please text Doug - for oh siks fyve 9 nyne 5 sevun siks 6

Also posted on other sites

Attachments

• Sako left.jpg
    Sako left.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 139
  • Sako right.jpg
    Sako right.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 135
  • Sako Proof 3.jpg
    Sako Proof 3.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 130
  • Sako Proof 5.jpg
    Sako Proof 5.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 126
  • Sako Proof 6.jpg
    Sako Proof 6.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 120
  • Sako Proof 7.jpg
    Sako Proof 7.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 117
  • Sako Proof 8.jpg
    Sako Proof 8.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 117
  • Sako Proof 2.jpg
    Sako Proof 2.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 99
  • Sako Proof Barrel Label.jpg
    Sako Proof Barrel Label.jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

SPEDRAY

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
300 wsm Sako 85 SM Proof Barrel and McMillan Stock. This rifle began life as a Finnlight and I love the Sako actions so I upgraded the barrel and stock. It's not so light anymore but for 300 mag I don't want too light of a rifle anyway.

Barrel and brake installed in 2020 by Rocky's gunworks in Bozeman MT - I broke it in as per Proof's shoot/clean instructions just to be sure.

20 rounds shot through new barrel. Rifle has lived in a safe and never shot for two years since then.

Stock custom from McMillan - A3 Adj Game Warden.

My 100 yd groups tightened after the conversions from just under an inch as a Finnlight with Swarovski 3-10 to just over 1/2" with this Zeiss 3-18. There's a lot that goes into groups as everybody knows . . . heavier rifle, different scope, new barrel, new stock, different days, and most importantly the human behind the scope. These are with Winchester Silvertip 150 gr.

A little disclosure - The rifle does live up to the legendary Sako quality as expected - I'm so impressed with it that I bought two other Sako 85's. But - It also lives up to the ejection problem people have discussed, with the larger Zeiss scope in the photos. Some shells hit and bounce back in when I don't cycle aggressively. It never happened with the smaller Swarovski 3-10 though.

I have about $1800 on top of the original rifle value into this.

Bare rifle with brake for $2500 plus actual shipping. I would like to sell the scope too, can discuss if interested.

Low price is due to need to sell quickly, not because there is a problem with the rifle.

No trades, sorry.

I don't check computer often - please text Doug - for oh siks fyve 9 nyne 5 sevun siks 6
what twist rate on the new barrel. Also do you have the original barrel and stock?

OP
zog

zog

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
what twist rate on the new barrel. Also do you have the original barrel and stock?
Proof barrel number 112762. 24" 9 twist 1.13" shank diameter for Sako. I added to my description, thanks.

I sold the original stock.

The original barrel not included in my low price but can discuss if you are interested.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.