Sako 85 Finnlight Barrel Question

OpsMan

Lil-Rokslider
I am looking to purchase a Sako Finnlight in 6.5 Creedmoor. Has anyone threaded the barrel on one of these? If so what threads were you able to get? I assume it will be 1/2*28? Anyone know Barrel muzzle diameter?

Thanks!

BjornF16

WKR
I am looking to purchase a Sako Finnlight in 6.5 Creedmoor. Has anyone threaded the barrel on one of these? If so what threads were you able to get? I assume it will be 1/2*28? Anyone know Barrel muzzle diameter?

Thanks!
I bought a second hand Sako 85 Finnlight, 300 WSM, original owner had it threaded 1/2”-28.

Not enough meat to cut 5/8”-24 at muzzle.

Do you plan on adding brake or suppressor?

Kimmo H

FNG
The Finnlights and carbon lights have a pretty slim barrel profile, but if my memory serves me right they're about 14,7mm diameter at the muzzle, wich leaves plenty enough shoulder for a 1/2x28 thread (~12,6mm OD). I've threaded a few over the years. Cutting the barrel down a little leaves just enough meat to make a tight fitting M14x1 thread, but thats a pretty small shoulder by that point, and the metric thread suppressors and brakes are rare in the US, or so I've come to understand.

OP
O

OpsMan

Lil-Rokslider
I will be using a SilencerCo suppressor. I was gonna use the ASR adapter to mount it with the ASR muzzle brake.

BjornF16

WKR
I have the Omega 300 with 1/2” Bravo Mount (as well as the 5/8” Bravo Mount).

Nothing wrong with cutting down into flutes and threading to get 18” barrel for better maneuverability with the can attached.

OP
O

OpsMan

Lil-Rokslider
Yep, I was thinking of cutting it down just a tad since it’s already a 20” barrel. Thread and roll on.

BjornF16

WKR
Yep, I was thinking of cutting it down just a tad since it’s already a 20” barrel. Thread and roll on.
I was thinking 24” barrel.

You could definitely do 1/2” threads. I’m assuming the can you’ve got can change out the mount end for different threads. Might could do 9/16”.

If you wanted 5/8” threads, you could have a flare installed. There’s some info on that somewhere on RS forums