Sako 85 Hunter

BigDawgWill44

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody have experience with Sako 85 Hunter rifles? Looking at buying one in 270 or 270 wsm. I know they are 1/10” twist so won’t be able to stabilize the long heavy high BC bullets. I want a nice wood stock stainless rifle and this looks like a beauty, and I love the Sako/Tikka action. Any limitations in magazine length or anything to know? Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SDHNTR

WKR
Beautiful rifles, but with an embarrassing ejection issue they refuse to address. Google it. Silly problem, worse with long actions.

ETtikka

WKR
Sauer 100 is another option, similar prices to the wooden tikka t3x, same twist rates unfortunately, but the bottom metal is actually metal, very good reviews

OP
BigDawgWill44

BigDawgWill44

Lil-Rokslider
Beautiful rifles, but with an embarrassing ejection issue they refuse to address. Google it. Silly problem, worse with long actions.

Well that’s discouraging… why the hell would they sell such a nice/expensive rifle if this is a persistent problem?

Well that’s discouraging… why the hell would they sell such a nice/expensive rifle if this is a persistent problem?

I have a bunch of Sako 85's and have never had any issues. I wouldn't worry about that. Like you mentioned, the slow twist rate, and few scope mounting options are the only downside. Absolutely beautiful guns.