WTS Sako 85 Proof McMillan 300 wsm

zog

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
300 wsm Sako 85 SM Proof Barrel and McMillan Stock. This rifle began life as a Finnlight and I love the Sako actions so I upgraded the barrel and stock. It's not so light anymore but for 300 mag I don't want too light of a rifle anyway.

Barrel and brake installed earlier this year by Rocky's gunworks in Bozeman MT - I broke it in as per Proof's shoot/clean instructions just to be sure.

20 rounds shot through new barrel.

Stock custom from McMillan - A3 Adj Game Warden. The green pad in the photos makes the stock look greener than it is. the closer ups look more like the real color.

My 100 yd groups tightened after the conversions from just under an inch as a Finnlight with Swarovski 3-10 to just over 1/2" with this Zeiss 3-18. There's a lot that goes into groups as everybody knows . . . heavier rifle, different scope, new barrel, new stock, different days, and most importantly the human behind the scope. These are with Winchester Silvertip 150 gr.

A little disclosure - The rifle does live up to the legendary Sako quality as expected - I'm so impressed with it that I bought two other Sako 85's. But - It also lives up to the ejection problem people have discussed, with the larger Zeiss scope in the photos. Some shells hit and bounce back in when I don't cycle aggressively. It never happened with the smaller Swarovski 3-10 though.

I have about $1800 on top of the original rifle value into this.

Bare rifle with brake for $2900 plus actual shipping. I would like to sell the scope too, can discuss if interested.

No trades, sorry.

I don't check computer often - please text Doug - for oh siks fyve 9 nyne 5 sevun siks 6

Sako Proof 1.jpgSako Proof 2.jpg

Attachments

• Sako Proof 3.jpg
    Sako Proof 3.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 520
  • Sako Proof 5.jpg
    Sako Proof 5.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 511
  • Sako Proof 6.jpg
    Sako Proof 6.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 502
  • Sako Proof 7.jpg
    Sako Proof 7.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 501
  • Sako Proof 8.jpg
    Sako Proof 8.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 502
  • Sako Proof 9.jpg
    Sako Proof 9.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 499
Last edited:

JonnyB

WKR
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Man! Why didn’t you have this for sale when I bought that restocked mountain ascent from you? Haha. Excellent seller here folks, buy with confidence!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kingfisher

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Building a very similar build now. I have way more $ into mine as of now, and it's not done yet. Great deal.