Sako A7 Roughtech

I have the chance to buy a Sako A7 Roughtech 7mm mag for a very reasonable price. Anybody have one? How do they shoot?

ID_Matt

WKR
If you plan to shoot factory ammo it will be a great purchase... if you are handloading they can be a bit tricky due to the mag length restrictions. I do not own a 7 mag but had one in 300 win so I am assuming the problem will be similar but I am not sure. Also, check the twist on the barrel as well. Sako/tikka tend to be on the slower end of twists for shooting heavier bullets.

Mulyhuntr

WKR
I have one. Great shooter with 168 berger classics (can load to lands) and 162 eld-x (mag length). 3 shots touching is the norm with 69.5-71 grains of H1000.

9.5" twist

Unless you're getting it for cheaper than a Tikka, I'd just get a T3X lite since it'll probably save you pound over the Sako.

Rock-o

WKR
I have an A7 Roughtech Range 300 Win Mag. Shot 20 rounds and has been collecting dust since. Shot nice. Added an APA Little Bastard Gen 1 brake and had a spare Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50 AO MC I mounted on it. Before too long I'll get around to load development.

beelzibub

FNG
I have one in .308 and love it! I don't really have much to compare it to as it's my first dedicated hunting rifle (I've only hunted for three years), but it's been quite accurate and put meat in my freezer on several occasions.

I’ve had one in 300 win mag for a few years and it has been reliable. It likes Nosler 190gr ABLR factory loads. If you can get one for a good price, it should serve you well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk