Sako Finnlight Carbon Fiber Re-Build

emrich55

FNG
Looking into rebuilding my Sako 85 Finnlight 270WSM
After 10+ years of packing it around the mountains it pretty beat up.

Would like to put a new shock and carbon fiber barrel.

What are the best options for Stock and Barrel?
Has anyone out there put a Carbon Barrel onto Sako 85?
Has any one put a different stock on there Finnlight?

Not looking to save weight on the Rifle, just defiantly don't wanna gain weight.

I really like the McMillan sako varmint profile stock.

the bartlein carbon barrels seem to be the ticket. Get a blank and send it to shooter71 (shaen rifles)

or a sendero lite from proof.

dump the 270 and run the 6.5prc. ;)

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Sako makes their own own carbon fiber stock for the model 85 and it’s an absolutely beauty. Check out the Sako 85 Carbonlight model.

OP
E

emrich55

FNG
Sako makes their own own carbon fiber stock for the model 85 and it’s an absolutely beauty. Check out the Sako 85 Carbonlight model.
I looked quick
Will this stock work for the 270WSM? The Carbon Light only comes in 308, 260, and 7mm08. Or does it matter because the 270WSM is also a short action?
Also is there a Carbon Barrel that fits this Stock?

Pardon my ignorance, this will be my first gun build. So still learning.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I looked quick
Will this stock work for the 270WSM? The Carbon Light only comes in 308, 260, and 7mm08. Or does it matter because the 270WSM is also a short action?
Also is there a Carbon Barrel that fits this Stock?

Pardon my ignorance, this will be my first gun build. So still learning.
It’s the same Sako short action as your rifle. I’d try and get a fluted stainless Sako or Tikka barrel if it were me. Make a carbon light clone.

Other options are McMillan stock but that’s a 4 month wait at least. Barrel could be any of the aftermarket guys. Proof, Hells Canyon, etc.

GotDraw?

WKR
If you're looking to buy a new "shock" for your gun, Fox makes the best remote reservoir shocks and they might do up a custom long travel fer yer gun's chassis.

Then you could shoot any magnum caliber you wanted with no felt recoil! ;-)

JL

Leadworm

FNG
I had a nice Finnlight I customized with a Wildcat Stock. Didnt have to wait and was nice, lightest out there, didnt kick either. Unfortunately rifle was stolen. looking for a finnlght to build up the same.

texag10

WKR
If you're looking to buy a new "shock" for your gun, Fox makes the best remote reservoir shocks and they might do up a custom long travel fer yer gun's chassis.

Then you could shoot any magnum caliber you wanted with no felt recoil! ;-)

JL
I wouldn't rule out DVO, much more user serviceable.

Prairiekid

Lil-Rokslider
I had a nice Finnlight I customized with a Wildcat Stock. Didnt have to wait and was nice, lightest out there, didnt kick either. Unfortunately rifle was stolen. looking for a finnlght to build up the same.
Do you know what your Wildcat stock ending up weighing? Or your total setup? I have a Finnlight in 7-08 and I am considering cerakoting all the metal and getting a WC stock. Did you ever post a picture anywhere?

Cheers,

matagouri

FNG
"Hi Tech Composites".... they are in NZ, Ken does a carbon fiber clone copy of sako 85 stock for standard sako profile barrel, plus pretty certain I have seen pic of a stock he inletted for a carbon fiber barrel..

Im no way connected to this business