Sako Finnlite ring choice

Singleshot

Lil-Rokslider
So I just picked up a finnlite in 300 wsm and need rings for it, I’ve done some research and depending on who you talk to the various mounting systems out there are ok at best. Does any one have one of these that can point me in a definite direction on what to get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven’t had any issues with the Leupold ring mounts. I’ve bought mediums for all my 42mm scopes without issues.

Personally I have tried the standard optilocks, the warne rings,the leupold rings,and the leupold QR bases with medium QR rings.

By far the best in my opinion of the ones I have tried is the leupold based with the QR rings. Light, low profile and solid.

That’s said there is allegedly a new product (or soon to be) that I would consider. Apparently Spuhr will be making a one piece mount that directly attached to the dovetail mounts on a sako 75 or 85.

Also there is a Near picatinny rail that you just tap on with a mallet. The recoil just keeps seating it even tighter against the lug. Then you use standard tactical rings like seekins, nightforce, badger. This system gets great reviews and a buddy had this setup. Personally, I would probably get this or the leupold QR base and matching rings.

Last edited:

wseidel

WKR
I was in your situation two years ago and through my research I went with Talley lightweight mounts for my Finnlight 7mm-08. I used this system in mounting a Leupold VX6 2-12x42 (30 mm tube) and it is working well. As I recall, I wanted a strong lightweight system and went with the lowest height set-up. Hope this helps...

OP
S

Singleshot

Lil-Rokslider
I was wondering how rugged the levers are on the quick release? They seem kind of weak although I’ve only seen them and never used a set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am running the low optilock ring / base combo. They are little expensive and can be a pain in the ass to find and buy but I do like like them. If not for the optilocks, I'd be running a Near Mfg. rail, and still might try one at some point.

Last edited: