SALE! Russell Outdoors Gear

So somewhere on one of the 3 or 4 hunting websites I frequent, I saw a post about Russell Outdoors discontinuing their product line and that Cabela's was having a big sale. Went over to the Cabela's site, and all of the men's gear was indeed marked down about 50% or more from the MSRP. I didn't realize that Russell made a 100% merino base layer, but I ended up buying 8 tops (2-xl, 4-med, 2-sm) at $20.99 each. Also bought a couple pairs of poly base layer bottoms, and a couple of poly base layer tops in King's Mountain camo at $13.40 each.

blb078

WKR
I have the full line up of Russell APX(L1-L5) it's really good stuff for the price. Once this sale happened I bought more I'm not sure what weight the merino top/bottoms are, I'm guessing around 180g but not sure on that. The reflector top/bottoms are awesome for early season they're very light and the Tundra top is awesome too.

Last edited:
So somewhere on one of the 3 or 4 hunting websites I frequent, I saw a post about Russell Outdoors discontinuing their product line and that Cabela's was having a big sale. Went over to the Cabela's site, and all of the men's gear was indeed marked down about 50% or more from the MSRP. I didn't realize that Russell made a 100% merino base layer, but I ended up buying 8 tops (2-xl, 4-med, 2-sm) at $20.99 each. Also bought a couple pairs of poly base layer bottoms, and a couple of poly base layer tops in King's Mountain camo at $13.40 each.

Ya, I did the same thing, only with FL. I went a little crazy and I am sitting with 4 Chama tops, 2 Llano tops, and 2 Bottoms. Im not sure if this was smart or not, but they were a good deal.

OP
couesbitten
Yeah, when I saw 100% merino wool 1/4 zip tops for $21, I knew I was going to have to buy some, that's a great price! I'm actually very tempted to buy a few more just because.

littlebuf

Banned
Ya, I did the same thing, only with FL. I went a little crazy and I am sitting with 4 Chama tops, 2 Llano tops, and 2 Bottoms. Im not sure if this was smart or not, but they were a good deal.

what size? I could use a new top

hunthard

FNG
Just so you all know, Russell is going out of business. Thats why its been on sale everywhere, I know alot of people have good luck with russell but, back in November I bought a pair of there cyclone rain pants and did not have good luck. When I tried to return them is when I found out they were going under. I did finally get my money back but I had to raise hell over the phone. I had bought mine through Linton outdoors and they helped me to get the refund, hats off to Linton.

Biggs300

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered the lightweight merino top and bottom. If they are even close to the quality of my Red Ram lightweight base layers, I'll be happy.

OP
couesbitten
Got my order from Cabela's today, clothes seem good, the merino shirts are a little short in the torso, but not to bad, weight/consistency of the material seems good. For $21 each, I think I got a good buy.

Biggs300

Lil-Rokslider
Got my order today and I am very happy with the purchase. The merino wool is heavier than I expected (heavier than my Red Ram lightweights). Thumb holes in the top were also a feature I didn't expect. Although the waist is a bit bigger than my Smart Wool and Red Ram base layers in the same size they should be perfect after the first washing. For the price they are hard to beat.